The 5 Best Mini Breadmakers
It’s hard to give a direct answer because there are so many good small bread machines on the market today. Also, what you consider “the best” depends on your needs and preferences.
If you ask a more specific question, then we can give you some answers.
What are we talking about? Well, say, for example, you’re looking for the best mini bread machine with the smallest size…
Or has the best quality…
the most baking settings…
Here, we’re going to list the 5 best mini bread machines according to the features above. So, we’ll recommend the best smallest bread machine, the best quality mini bread maker, and so on.
This way you’ll be able to find the small bread machine that fits your needs and preferences.
Let’s get started!
|Cuisinart||$||best budget option|
|Hamilton Beach||$$||best value|
|T-Fal||$$$$||not worth it|
The 5 Best Small Bread Machines – the Best Size, Quality, Baking Settings, Great Features, and Price
So then, these are the 5 best small bread makers…
1. The Best MINI Bread Maker
- The Only Official SKG Brand Store on Amazon. Trademark Filed in the U.S. In Business Since 1997. Seller --- SKG...
- Small and Smart - The mini bread maker takes up minimal space in the kitchen - about 1 lb. loaf is the perfect size...
- Automatic, Multi-Functional, User Friendly and Beginner Friendly - 19 programmable menus (Basic, Cake, Corn Bread,...
- High Quality Build - Ergonomic top loading lid with sturdy handle for easy carrying, nonstick coated inner pan and...
- Sleek Design and Purple Varnish - Blend in well with any kitchen decor, this attractive bread machine looks great...
Since we’re focusing on small bread makers, it’s only wise to start with the size.
Now, when we say “the best small bread machine”, do we mean the size of the machine or the size of the bread it bakes?
What if you’re not so much concerned about the actual size of the machine, just the loaf size?
For example, you’re a household of 2. You both love bread but a regular loaf is too much. You always have to throw away a lot of bread that’s gone stale.
Or, what if you don’t mind the loaf size, but your kitchen has very little space. You need the bread machine to fit on the countertop.
We’re going to talk about both. We’ll recommend a small bread machine that offers a small loaf, and also a small bread maker that offers a small sized machine.
For the smallest loaf, go for SKG Mini Bread Maker.
You can’t get any smaller than what this bread maker offers. The best thing about it is that you have two options – small and really small!
You can choose from sizes up to 0.7lbs, 0.9lbs, and also are more regularly sized 1 pound loaf, and 1.3lb.
You’ll never have to throw away stale bread again.
What about the smallest machine size? That’s the Zojirushi BB-HAC10 Mini Bread Maker.
- Programmable breadmaker produces 1 pound loaves of cakes or breads
- Settings for cookie/pasta dough and fresh fruit jams; quick-bake cycle
- 13-hour delay timer; LCD control panel; viewing window; carrying handle
- Nonstick kneading blade and baking pan; instructions and recipes included. Electrical Rating- 120 volts / 450 watts
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 8-1/2 x 11-1/4 x 12-1/4 inches ,1-year warranty; cULus listed
It has the smallest dimensions with a width of 8ins, depth of 11ins, and height of 12ins.
Even with little kitchen space, you’ll still be able to place this bread machine on your countertop.
We’re not recommending this only for its size, though. You get a whole lot more, including a new feature of 3 texture options – regular, soft, and firm.
The Zojirushi BB Hac10 is one of the smallest bread machines, but it doesn’t skimp on quality. It still features a delay timer, gluten free bread settings, a viewing window, and a non stick bread pan.
Plus, it comes with a recipe book to help you bake all kinds of bread loaves and much more.
2. The Best Quality Mini Bread Machine
- FRESH HOMEMADE BREAD IN JUST 3 STEPS: Just add your ingredients to the bread maker, select the cycle and press...
- 12 CYCLES: Bread maker settings include: basic, French, gluten-free, quick bread (no yeast), sweet, 1.5-lb express,...
- GREAT FOR DOUGH PREP: Prepare a variety of yeast doughs such as dinner rolls and pizza crusts in the bread maker...
- CONTROL THE NUTRITIONAL CONTENT OF YOUR BREAD: Prepare healthy homemade breads without preservatives or trans fat...
- EASY TO CLEAN: Non stick, dishwasher-safe pan & 2 kneading paddles interior pan removes for easy cleaning in the...
How long do you want your small bread machine to last?
For a few uses only? A few days? months?
Of course not!
You’ll want it to last a very long time.
Before we name our pick for the best quality small bread machine, we’ll explain first what we mean when we say “quality”.
We mean 2 things – the quality of the material and quality of the bread.
Good quality material is important for a bread machine to have a long lifespan, it doesn’t matter if the appliance is big or small. Not only that, you don’t want your bread maker to feel like it’ll fall apart at any given moment.
More important than that is the quality of the bread. What’s a small bread maker, or any bread maker for that matter, if it doesn’t bake perfect loaves of bread?
So when we combine both material and bread quality, we’re led to the Hamilton Beach Bread Maker 29882.
Yes, all the bread makers we’ll mention bake quality loaves. But nothing compares to this bread maker.
Every baking cycle is lovely, delicious, and perfectly done.
And, with its high-quality material, it can withstand the load of baking bread every day. It doesn’t even rattle during the kneading process.
As for the loaf size, your options are a bit bigger – 1.5lb and a 2 pound loaf. Maybe not the best choice if you want a smaller loaf perfect for 1 or 2 people.
Still, this is a high quality kitchen appliance that excels in baking delicious bread of all kinds, just not the small 1 pound loaf kind!
3. The Best Baking Settings Mini Bread Maker
- Gluten free bread maker with 15 programmable settings: Gluten free salty, gluten free sweet, gluten free cake,...
- 3 loaf sizes (1, 1.5, or 2 pounds); 3 crust settings (light, medium, or dark); 700 watts of power
- Digital LCD display with indicator light; Delay start upto 15 hours; Automatic keep warm
- Brushed stainless steel housing with black accents; Top loading lid with display window; nonstick coated inner pan...
- Includes measuring cup and spoon, hook, kneading blade, and recipe book with 25 recipes
What if you want to bake as many things as possible?
What’s the best small bread machine that offers the most pre-programmed baking settings?
That’s the T-Fal PF311 Bread Maker.
This bread maker offers 15 baking settings (many of which are gluten free settings)..
These are salty gluten-free bread, sweet gluten-free bread, gluten-free cake, rapid whole wheat, whole wheat, salt-free, super rapid, rapid sweet, French, sweet, cooking, dough, cake, jam, and pasta.
Talk about a mini bread maker that goes beyond expectations.
For all these settings, you don’t need any guesswork. Just place the ingredients inside, select a setting on the control panel, and it’ll do the rest for you.
You can bake gluten free bread. You can make your own jam. You can even create pasta dough and other types of dough. And, you can do all that without much effort.
Does that sound like something you’d want?
One thing to note, though. This is one of the “bigger” mini bread makers. Make sure you check if its dimensions fit in your kitchen counters.
4. The Best Great Features Mini Bread Maker
- Cuisinart-quality technology promises superior crust, color and texture
- 12 preprogrammed menu options - fully automatic, easy to use
- 3 crust shades - light, medium, or dark & bakes up to a 2 pound loaf
- Vertical baking pan for counter-friendly compact design - removable kneading paddle and bread pan
- Lid with viewing window to monitor the process - interior light to check bread as it bakes
What if you’re looking for more than just many baking settings?
You’re looking for a great bread maker that offers a whole lot of great features.
Well, in this case, we recommend Cuisinart CBK-110 Compact Bread Maker.
What are some of the features that you can expect from this mini bread maker?
For one thing, there are 12 pre-programmed baking settings. That’s already a lot.
You’ll also get 3 crust settings.
How do you like your bread crust?
Do you like it light, medium, or dark?
It won’t matter what you prefer, you can get all 3 with this bread maker.
There’s a 13-hour delay timer. With this delay timer, you get to decide when you want it to start the baking process, even if you’re away.
This is perfect for when you want fresh, warm bread when you get home or wake up.
You can delay it up to 13 hours! That’s more than half a day!
What if you don’t come home or wake up on time?
It has a 60-minute keep warm cycle. This keeps the loaf warm while waiting for you.
Another feature is its 3 loaf sizes. Choose between 1 pound loaf, 1.5lb or a 2 pound loaf.
This is a great feature as you can switch between a smaller loaf or a bigger one, depending on the occasion.
It also has a removable kneading blade. You don’t have to dig into the loaf when it’s finished to remove the blade.
This bread maker will give a beep when it’s finished with the kneading blade. You’ll be able to remove it before baking starts.
There’s also a beep that tells you when to add nuts and fruits. Or, when the baking cycle is finished.
So go ahead and throw in your ingredients, including your fruit and nut mix into the nut dispenser, and put the delay timer on this automatic bread maker to work! You’ll get your delicious 1 pound or a 2 pound loaf when you need it!
5. The Best Priced Mini Bread Maker
- 650 watts oster bread maker with upto a 2.0 pound loaf capacity is ideal for larger families
- 12 bread settings and 3 crust settings for making a variety of breads, dough, and jams
- Expressbake setting bakes bread in under an hour
- 13 hour programmable baking timer for fresh bread anytime
- Large LCD display and intuitive button controls for easy operation, 40 inch cord length
If we were to decide, the cheapest price shouldn’t be something you look for in a mini bread maker.
However, if you’re on a low budget, then we understand why the cheapest one is the best decision.
Another reason to go for the cheapest mini bread maker is if you’re a beginner. You’re not sure what to expect yet and you don’t want to spend on something you’re not familiar with.
Other than those 2 reasons, it’s best to get a higher priced mini bread maker for better quality, features, etc…
To make it better for all, we’ll recommend the cheapest high-quality mini bread maker.
That is the Oster CKSTBRW20 Bread Maker.
For its price, it offers a lot of great features.
You get all the basic bread maker settings. As well as some useful accessories, such as a measuring cup, measuring spoon, and a kneading blade.
Of course, it doesn’t compare to other, more expensive mini bread makers.
It doesn’t have the bells and whistles, but it does its job.
And, if you’re a beginner, it’s also very easy to use.
No matter if you’re looking for a petite 1 pound automatic breadmaker with a viewing window and gluten free setting, or a more regularly sized 2 pound breadmaker with a delay timer and a keep warm setting, we’ve reviewed them here. And you can’t go wrong with the ones in this article.
We hope that this has helped you find the best mini breadmaker that fits your needs and preferences. If you’ve bought one of the bread machines listed above, let us know if the comments.