All about the Zojirushi BB-CEC20 Home Bakery Supreme Breadmaker- Is It Worth It?
Looking for a top of the line bread machine?
If so, you’ll surely come across the Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme Breadmaker.
Zojirushi is famous for its high-end home bread makers. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a more trustworthy brand in this department.
Needless to say, their Home Bakery Supreme Breadmaker is no exception.
However, when you see the price tag, a question will naturally pop up…
Is it worth it?
This bread machine happens to be one of the most expensive bread machines on the market.
So, is it worth it?
Let’s take an in-depth look at the Home Bakery Supreme Breadmaker before we answer that question.
We’ll look at:
- Who is the Home Bakery Supreme for?
- What’s in the box?
- What are the features that this bread machine offers?
- What are the pros and cons?
This will help you decide whether or not this bread machine is for YOU.
Who is the Zojirushi 2 Pound Loaf Breadmaker For?
- Dual-blade bread machine makes rectangular-shaped 2-pound loaves
- 10 pre-programmed settings; 3 crust shades; LCD control panel; 13-hour delay timer
- Large viewing window; removable nonstick bread pan for easy cleaning
- Measuring spoon, measuring cup, and user manual with recipes included.Measures approximately 9-5/8 by 17 by 12-1/5...
- Electrical rating:120 volts / 700 watts
I want to be absolutely clear with you, this is NOT one of those bread machines for people on a budget.
Its price tag proves that point right away.
It isn’t exactly for top-of-the-line bakers either because it lacks the size and full customization needed.
So who is it for?
The Home Bakery Supreme Breadmaker was made for everyone that enjoys homemade bread… Is looking for a bread machine that bakes 2 lb sized loaves (a 2-pound loaf)… And, wants a bread machine that’s reliable, handy, and super easy to use. One that’s perfect for beginners or experts, families, or couples.
Does that sound like what you’re looking for? Then this bread machine might be for you, too!
What’s In the Box?
Like all good bread machines, the Zojirushi comes with a few freebies.
- Removable, non-stick bread pan
- 2 kneading blades
- Measuring spoon
- Measuring cup
- User instruction manual/DVD with recipes included
Since the baking pan is removable and non-stick, cleaning up any leftover bread dough in it will be a breeze.
The dual kneading blades ensure that ingredients are evenly mixed in this 2-pound horizontal bread maker. These are also removable for easy cleanup.
As for the measuring cup and spoon, you’ll never go overboard (or under) with your ingredients.
The user manual/DVD helps you navigate your way around the bread maker. And, the included recipes allow you to get creative with different bread loaves…
All these freebies make your dough kneading and bread-baking experience a whole lot easier.
With the Zojirushi BB-CEC20 2 lb Bread Machine, you get features such as:
- Pre-programmed settings
- Homemade course
- Crust control
- Keep warm
The best thing about the Zojirushi BB-CEC20 is that it doesn’t just bake regular white bread…
…it can also take your dough and make other bread loaves and goodies, thanks to its 9 pre-programmed settings. The times below are bake time approximations.
- Basic – 3 hours and 45 minutes
- Basic Wheat – 3 hours and 40 minutes
- Basic Dough – 1 hour and 50 minutes
- Quick – 2 hours and 18 minutes
- Quick Wheat – 2 hours and 8 minutes
- Quick Dough – mixes in 45 minutes
- Jam (yes, jam!) – 1 hour
- Cake – 2 hours
- Sourdough Starter – 2 hours and 10 minutes for baking and about 2 hours and 5 minutes before that for preheating
(Use the Select Course button to choose among these pre-programmed menu settings.)
The Basic setting options bakes white bread, wheat bread, or makes dough the regular way. Around 3 hours and 45 minutes.
If you can’t wait that long, then you’ll love the Quick setting. It can bake and make white bread, wheat bread, and dough in a little over 2 hours!
Yes, you can even make jam, cake, and a sourdough starter by simply pressing a button. No more guessing involved!
The jam and cake settings are not typical of most bread machines, except for higher-priced models. And yes, these two settings allow home bakers to bake strawberry jam (or any other kind of jam), cinnamon rolls, pizza dough, chocolate cake, artisan bread, or any other type of sweet or savory bread recipe.
When it comes to the sourdough starter function, this isn’t a typical menu setting at all. However, having the ability to make sourdough is really useful for those who love it.
However, not everyone wants to use pre-programmed settings.
There are others that like it better when they can customize the process.
This is where the exclusive Homemade Course comes in.
It allows users to choose the specific time for kneading, rising, and baking.
This way, you can get even more creative with what you bake or make.
And because you have an option, some days you can use the pre-programmed settings, while other days you can create your own!
You also get to decide the crust shades!
With the Zojirushi BB-CEC20, you can choose from 3 crust options – dark, medium, or light.
This removes the guesswork of selecting a certain baking time for your preferred crust.
Now you can get whatever crust you want with a click of a button.
There’s nothing like fresh, WARM, homemade bread.
However, if you’re busy, you might not be able to eat it right away.
Thanks to the Zojirushi BB-CEC20 automatic keep-warm function, it’ll make sure your loaf stays warm for you.
You can leave the loaf in the breadmaker for a whole 60 minutes without it cooling down.
This breadmaker comes with a 13-hour delay timer.
All you need to do is put the ingredients in and set the delay timer to when you want the baking to start.
Because of this feature, you can always come home or wake up to a newly-baked loaf! Who doesn’t want that?
Check out this video showing you all the Zojirushi BB-CEC20’s features:
The Pros and Cons of the Zojirushi BB-CEC20
- This Zojirushi has exceptional build quality. It doesn’t move around, it can withstand everyday use, and last for years. This is due to it being stainless steel and very sturdy.
- Another benefit is the large viewing window. This viewing window allows you to see what’s going on inside with your dough and then with your bread.
- Not sure if you’ll see anything through the viewing window? Well, there’s a light inside of the bread machine which will help you see exactly what’s going on with the heating element and in the baking cycle.
- The LCD control panel makes things easy to view and easy to control.
- It has a 10-minute power failure backup. You don’t have to start the baking process all over again if the power goes out for a couple of minutes.
- There’s the auto shut-off system for added safety.
- It’s a perfect dimension for small kitchen spaces (12.81 x 13.56 x 18.88).
- It has a quiet baking process that won’t disturb anyone.
- You’ll be hard-pressed to find a bread maker as excellent as the Zojirushi BB-CEC20.
- The biggest one is that it’ll cost you a lot of dough (see what I did there?). Again, this isn’t for people looking for a budget bread maker.
- Another thing is it lacks one important feature – the auto fruit/nut dispenser. You’ll have to manually open the lid and throw in the fruits or nuts.
- Fortunately, this bread maker gives off a beep that tells you the best time to pour it in.
- You can’t change the loaf size. You’ll have to stick to the regular 2lb loaf. As you can expect, this isn’t ideal if you want a smaller or bigger option. A 2 lb loaf is standard, but it’s still a lot of money for just one size.
- With 2 kneading blades, that’ll mean 2 holes at the bottom of your loaf. If the presentation is a big deal to you, then this could be a big NO.
- Users complain that the recipe book isn’t very good.
Is the Zojirushi BB-CEC20 Worth It?
With all that in mind, let’s get to the big question…
Is the Zojirushi BB-CEC20 worth its price?
That all depends on YOU.
But if you ask us, we’d say yes.
It’s well-made, reliable, and bakes perfect loaves. It has the quality that you only get from Zojirushi.
However, remember that it only bakes a 2 lb loaf of bread, is very expensive, has no fruit and nut dispenser, and has two kneading blades that are NOT removable. This means that you’ll always have holes in your loaf.
Should you get the Zojirushi BB-CEC20 Home Bakery Supreme Breadmaker?
As always, you’re the only one who can answer that.
But if you’re looking for a high-quality, easy to use bread maker, then why not? This is one of the most high-quality kitchen appliances on the market.
It’s sure to fulfill your baking and cooking needs for years to come.