If you’re reading this article, you’re probably a toast lover like many of us. If so, then it is important that you find a toaster that can give you the best toast possible.
Regular toasters may not suit your needs anymore, especially if you like toasting a wide variety of bread. What you will need is a long slot toaster.
Long slot toasters are capable of toasting almost all types of bread. The slots on these toasters allow you to fit in wider and longer pieces of bread or bagels.
They also have a lot more features than regular toasters normally have. These include different shading options, timers and more.
We’ve reviewed a lot of the most popular choices for long slot toasters and decided which one we think is the best. However, since we know our best might not be yours, we’ve also included other options that you might prefer over the others.
While building our list of top long slot toasters, we considered things like toasting time, power consumption, design, special features, and of course the price.
Before we present our list to you, let’s first go through the things you should consider when you’re choosing the best long slot toaster.
Top 5 Best Long Slot Toasters
Let us now take a look at our top 5 best long slot toasters. We’ve reviewed quite a few toasters before coming up with this list.
KitchenAid KMT4116CU 4-Slice Long Slot Toaster – Editor’s Choice
- Long Slot Design with Extra Wide 1.5 Inch Slots
- High Lift Lever / Easy-to-Clean, Removable Crumb Tray
- Simple Start to Finish Toasting. Completion Alert: Yes
- 7 Shade Settings with Bagel, Defrost, Reheat and Keep Warm
- Under Base Cord Storage
- Power Rating – 1600 watts
- Slot Size – 1.5 x 10.25 inches
- Number of Shade Settings – 7
- Toaster Size – 7.7 x 16.5 x 8 inches
- Toaster Weight – 6.2 pounds
- Additional Features – Bagel, defrost, keep warm settings / Under base cord storage
- Warranty – 1-year full warranty
KitchenAid’s 4-Slice Long Slot Toaster will immediately grab your attention with its sleek and elegant design. From the contour silver finish (you can also get it in empire red or onyx black) to the chrome buttons and high-lift lever.
The outer construction is coated with zinc, giving it a high-quality appearance that fits well in any kitchen. The zinc coating also makes this toaster highly resistant to corrosion.
The KMT4116CU 4-Slice Long Slot Toaster has just the right amount of settings that will allow you to do everything a long slot toaster should do. And give you that perfect piece of toast from 4 slices of bread.
It doesn’t come bloated with different features you might never even use. It simply does its job and does it well.
This toaster has 7 shade options, an option for bagels, defrost and keep warm. It also comes with a high-lift lever so you can check the toasting progress anytime you feel like it.
It falls into the category of “high-power” toasters with its 1600 watt power rating. This means it can produce heat much quicker than regular toasters. Its toasting levels are through the roof!
No more long waits for a delicious slice of toasted bread!
Its wide 1.5 inch toaster slots are perfect for toasting English muffins, Texas Toast, bagels, thicker slices of artisan bread, and other large bread slices such as sourdough.
Its powerful heating elements allow you to take long slices of bread and toast evenly. And without hindering your kitchen counter space too much!
Some other features that are really useful in this product are its under-base cord storage compartment and easy-to-remove crumb tray.
The size and weight of this toaster is perfect for everyday use. It also makes this toaster easy to carry in and out of storage if you need to.
- Sleek design
- Heats fast with 1600 watts
- Pull out crumb tray
- Has the right amount of settings
- Not bloated with unnecessary features
- Toasting is not always even
CUSIMAX Glass Toaster 2-Slice Long Slot Toaster – Unique Design
- 【Visible Glass Window】 This 2 slice toaster has glass viewing windows on both sides, can see change of the...
- 【Automatic Lifting Lever】 Different from the traditional toaster, this Cusimax bagel toaster adopts the...
- 【7 Shade Levels】The Artisan toaster 2 slice with 7 shade levels for perfect toasting, from light to dark brown,...
- 【Easy to Clean】 Slide-out glass panels of the bread toaster has function on preventing crumbs from falling on...
- 【18-MONTH FREE REPLACEMENT】CUSIMAX product comes with 18-month free return or replacement if toaster has any...
- Power Rating: 1200 watts
- Slot Size: 1.5 x 10.5 inches
- Number of Shade Settings: 7
- Toaster Size :15 x 5 x 8 inches
- Toaster Weight: 9.3 pounds
- Additional Features: Glass window / Auto lifting lever
- Warranty: 18-month full warranty
When we talk about head-turners, the Cusimax 2-Slice Toaster with its glass windows is definitely at the top of the list.
The body is built from brushed stainless steel and food-grade tempered glass, making it one of the most solidly built toasters. You won’t find any plastic parts on this toaster.
Because of the high-quality materials, it’s made from, this toaster also weighs more than the others on this list. With 9.3 pounds of weight, you might want to give this toaster a permanent spot in your kitchen.
The glass windows on the sides of this toaster are what make it unique. You can watch the entire process of toasting through these windows.
You will get to see the heating elements inside your toaster glow red as it toasts your bread.
Getting to monitor the whole thing will allow you to stop the toasting with the start/cancel button on top as soon as you see the color you desire.
Another really neat feature that the Cusimax Glass Toaster comes with is its automatic lifting lever. All you need to do is place your bread in the toaster slot, select your toasting option, and hit start.
The bread is then automatically lowered down into the toasting slot. No need to manually push down any levers!
Once toasting is finished, or when you hit the cancel button, the bread is then automatically lifted up and out of the slots.
The Cusimax long slot glass toaster also makes it really easy for you when it comes to cleaning. Not only does it have a removable bread crumb tray, but it also allows you to remove the inner layer of the glass windows.
When your glass windows start to become foggy, you can simply slide the inner layer out from underneath the toaster and wash it with water.
- Glass windows to monitor toasting
- Automatic lift lever
- Easy Cleaning
- Removable crumb tray
- Extra-wide slots
- 18-month full warranty
- Toaster is heavy (9.3lbs)
- Slower heating (1200 watts)
IKICH 4 Long Slice Toaster – Budget Friendly
No products found.
- Power Rating: 1300 watts
- Slot Size: 1.5 x 10 inches
- Number of Shade Settings: 6
- Toaster Size: 14.6 x 6.6 x 7.7 inches
- Toaster Weight: 5.35 pounds
- Additional Features: Warming rack
- Warranty: N/A
If you’re on a budget but still want a good toaster, the Ikich 4 Long Slice Toaster will be great for you.
This toaster comes with everything you need to make the perfect toast. It also has 6 shade settings and, defrost and reheat, and a cancel button.
It even comes with a warming rack. Press on the back lift lever and the warming rack pops right up.
This toaster is going to look good on your kitchen countertop. The brushed stainless steel finish gives it a modern and sleek look.
With 1300 watts, it has just enough power to toast your bread fast.
- Built-in warming rack
- No unnecessary features
- Modern stainless steel exterior
- Extra-wide and long slots for thick slices of bread
- Crumb tray
- Knob has no dents and turns too softly
- Shade setting labels are hard to see
- Toasting slots lack depth
- No warranty
Oster TSSTTR6330-NP Long Slot 4-Slice Toaster – Compact and Lightweight
- 4-slice stainless steel toaster with extra-long slots accommodates a variety of breads
- Dual auto-adjusting bread guides adjust to bread thickness for even toasting
- Advanced Toasting Technology ensures consistent results time after time
- 7 toast shade settings from light to dark to customize toast's crispness and darkness
- Removable, dishwasher-safe crumb tray for easy cleaning
- Power Rating: 1500 watts
- Slot Size: 1.3 x 10.25 inches
- Number of Shade Settings: 7
- Toaster Size: 6.5 x 16 x 7.5 inches
- Toaster Weight: 4.77 pounds
- Additional Features: Dual auto-adjusting bread guides
- Warranty: N/A
The Oster TSSTTR6330-NP long slot toaster is the most compact one on our list. It has a brushed stainless steel exterior that will look good in any kitchen.
This toaster is also the most lightweight toaster on our list. Weighing in at only 4.77 pounds. This makes it easy to lift when you’re wiping down your countertop or taking it in and out of storage.
Being able to quickly put it away means that it’s one of the more space-saving toasters on the market.
With 1500 watts, you don’t need to worry about waiting a lot before you get your perfect slice of toast.
One feature this toaster comes with that isn’t found in many other toasters is its dual auto-adjusting bread guides. These guides will automatically adjust to the thickness of the bread you put into the toaster.
It will align your bread perfectly inside the toaster so that it can toast your bread evenly every time.
It’s important to note that the slots are wide when compared to a regular toaster, however, they’re not as wide as the others mentioned here. Still, this is one of the best toasters on the market and toasts bread nonstop!
This toaster also comes with a bagel option that allows you to create the perfect toasted bagel. When you select this option, heat is reduced to 50% on one side of the toaster. This lets you toast only the inner side of your bagel.
- Compact design
- Slots are wide
- Auto-adjusting bread guide
- No warranty
Breville BTA830XL Smart Toaster – Best Smart Toaster
- The Breville Smart Toaster with extra long slice capacity for bread types that need longer slots; Use one touch...
- INNOVATIVE FEATURES: 'Lift & Look' and 'A Bit More' allow you to check on your toast or add a little extra time...
- EXTRA LONG 4 SLICE CAPACITY: The toaster features a 4 slice capacity and provides longer slots to meet the demands...
- VARIABLE BROWNING CONTROL: The Breville Smart Toaster 4-slice long slots lets you toast to your ideal brownness...
- AUTOMATIC CONTROL WITH AUTO LIFE & LOOK: At the touch of a button, your bread can be automatically lowered into the...
- Power Rating: 1600 watts
- Slot Size: 1.5 x 9.75 inches
- Number of Shade Settings: 12
- Toaster Size: 14.9 x 7.7 x 7.5 inches
- Toaster Weight: 8.25
- Additional Features: Auto-lift lever / A bit more button / Adjustable alerts
- Warranty: 1-year limited
The Breville BTA830XL Smart Toaster is the most modern toaster and one of the best 4 slice toasters in our lineup. From design to functionality, this toaster is years ahead of the standard long slot toaster.
This is the most expensive toaster in our lineup. But with its stunning build and useful features, it might be well-worth the money.
This toaster has a gorgeous die-cast steel construction that gives it a very elegant look. The touch buttons and LED shading control also add to its modern appearance.
It is not only its modern looks that sets this toaster apart from the rest. This toaster has a staggering 12 shading options!
Two buttons are added to this toaster that you won’t find in other toasters.
The first one is its lift-and-look button which raises up the motorized carriage so you can check the toasting progress. You can press this button anytime during the toasting process.
The second unique button is the a-bit-more button that you won’t find in other toasters. This button can be pressed when you feel like you need just a bit more toasting time.
- Modern look – sleek design
- Touch buttons
- 12 shading settings
- Motorized carriage
- Extra-wide slots
- Defrost, reheat
- Limited warranty for the price
Long Slot Toaster Buyer’s Guide
One of the most important things to consider when selecting a long slot toaster, or any cooking appliance, is the power rating. This will determine how quickly you can toast your slices of bread and how much it will add to your electricity bill.
Toasters typically take around 2-3 minutes to complete a cycle. Getting a “high-power” long slot toaster with 1600 watts and above will reduce the time it takes to toast.
A toaster with a power rating of 1200 watts and below takes more time to toast your bread, but will also help you save on your electricity bill.
It’s important for some people to get their toast nice and brown as quickly as possible, but others are more concerned about power consumption. The decision here will be based more on personal preference than anything else.
The slot size of your long slot toaster is important because it will determine the types of bread you will be able to toast.
The longer and wider your toast slots are, the more varied the kinds of bread you can toast. A long slot means that you will be able to toast larger artisan bread and bagels.
You can even toast different types of homemade bread with irregular shapes.
Long slot toasters typically have wide slots of 1.5 inches. That can go up to 2 inches on some models.
One thing you need to consider is that a long slot toaster will also consume more power. This is because it needs a larger heating element to evenly distribute heat inside your toaster slots.
Don’t let that dissuade you, though. You might not even be able to tell the difference in power consumption between regular toasters that toast 4 slices of bread and the best long slot toasters.
The shade settings control the amount of toasting that is done to the bread. The greater the shade number, the darker your bread will be when it finishes the toasting cycle.
A good long slot toaster will give you many shade settings. This allows you to toast your bread exactly the way you like it. Whether that’s a light toast or a very dark toast.
You’re usually given around 6 shade settings on most long slot toasters. This number will do for most people, but others might prefer more.
Some long slot toaster models offer up to 12 shade settings! This is perfect for those who are extra particular about their toast.
Personally, I don’t really pay attention to the shade settings very much on my long slot toasters or any of my cooking appliances.
I’m more concerned with wondering if it will toast evenly, if it’ll toast without issues, is the toasting process fast, is it space-saving, and are the slots big enough for larger pieces of bread like artisan bread?
Another thing you should consider before you buy a new long slot toaster is the size of this new kitchen appliance. They come in various sizes. It’ss important that you pick the size that works best for you.
You will find that most long slot toasters with a length of 14-16 inches and a width of around 8 inches.
Long slot toasters that are smaller in size are best for kitchens with limited space. They are easy to move around and can be taken in and out of storage without much of a problem.
If you need to toast larger pieces of bread and space isn’t a concern in your kitchen, then getting a larger-sized toaster will be best.
The weight of your long slot toaster will depend on how it was built. One that is made of all stainless steel will be much heavier than one that is made with a combination of stainless steel and hard plastic.
The weight is also going to depend on the size of your toaster. The bigger the toaster you get, the heavier it will most likely be.
Long slot toasters that are lighter in weight will be easier to lift when you need to wipe down your countertop. They are also easier to carry in and out of storage.
The average weight of these appliances is about 6lbs.
Design and Ergonomics
Many people don’t care much about how their long slot toaster looks, as long as it performs the way it should.
They’re usually tucked away in a corner and out of sight when they’re not in use.
There are a few of us, however, who put some thought into how our toasters look. This is when the design of your toaster will be important.
You need to take into consideration the design of your kitchen in order to choose a toaster that will be visually appealing in its spot.
It’s difficult to go wrong when you get one with a chrome or stainless steel finish. These finishes go with almost all kitchen designs.
As for ergonomics, an important thing to consider is the length of the power cord. Most kitchens will have power outlets above the counters.
But if your kitchen doesn’t have one, you will need to get a toaster with a cord that is long enough to reach the nearest outlet.
You should also consider things like button placement and label legibility. The buttons should be easy to press from different angles.
The labels should also be legible enough so you know which settings you’re choosing every time.
Personally, I don’t usually put away my long slot toaster because I use it so often. So I don’t mind a heaver appliance. However, when we do have friends over, I will typically put away most of the kitchen counter appliances to give the kitchen a cleaner and less cluttered look.
Long slot toasters usually come with a few additional features compared to regular toasters.
Some models include features such as an LED display, a touch button, a timer alert, a cooling fan, lift and look lid, defrost and reheat function, a warming rack, a removable crumb tray, a glass window, and many other features.
A more advanced long slot toaster might give you the option to toast only one side of your bread or have different toast settings for different pieces of bread.
Other long slot toasters have a special bagel heating option that lets you switch on an extra heating element to toast the inner portion of your bagel.
These features aren’t necessary for turning a variety of bread slices into great toast but they can come in handy and just make toasting bread more fun.
One of the things advertisers make sure to feature when they’re selling appliances is the warranty. And this is for a good reason.
Many people skip the warranty details because they don’t see it as important. They will quickly change their mind about that when something goes wrong with their toaster and they need to have it repaired.
It is important to check what your warranty covers and how long it will cover the repairs for your toaster. This is especially true if you’re getting a more expensive long slot toaster.
Warranties usually only cover repairs for one year after the appliance is purchased. Getting a toaster with a warranty of 2 years or more will be a really good deal.
Some Alternative Best Long Slot Toasters
Elite Gourmet Maxi-Matic 4 Slice Long Slot Toaster
- EXTRA WIDE TOASTING SLOTS to fit extra thick slices of bread products such as Texas Toast, bagels and specialty breads.
- 6 ADJUSTABLE TOASTING LEVELS to select the perfect browning shade for your bread. From slightly warm to dark and crunchy.
- REHEAT WARMING FUNCTION allows you to easily reheat and warm previously toasted breads quickly at a lower temperature without burningv
- CONVENIENT CANCEL BUTTON lets you quickly cancel and release the toast in the middle of the toasting cycle.
- SELF-CENTERING GUIDES automatically grabs onto the bread when the lever is compressed, it centers the bread so each side is evenly toasted.
- DROP DOWN CRUMB TRAY easily releases from the bottom of the toaster for quick and easy cleanup of crumbs and debris.
- BACKED WITH A 1-YEAR WARRANTY and US Based Customer Support Team lets you buy with confidence. Call or email us, live chat with us, the Elite Gourmet Maxi-Matic support team responds quickly to all questions and requests.
Hamilton Beach Best Long Slot Toaster
- Fits all your favorite breads: this 4 slice toaster Fits all your favorite bagels and Artisan breads with ease. Featuring 2 extra-long, extra-wide slots, theres no need to smash or cram your food to MAKE it fit
- Keep Warm setting: tired of cold toast? With the optional keep Warm setting, you can keep toast Warm for an Extra 3 minutes inside the toaster slots without over-toasting
- Convenient toast setting options: this 2-slot, 4 slice toaster has bagel, defrost, or cancel options, so you can quickly prepare or pause making your breakfast or snack with the press of a button
- Toast boost: lifts toast higher to easily remove from toaster
- Under base cord wrap: neatly hide away cord when the toaster is not being used
- Finish Types: Sil
Cuisinart Long Slot Toaster
- 7 shade settings
- Cancel, Bagel, Reheat and Defrost buttons
- Large self-centering dual slots perfect for different types of breads
- High-lift lever for easy checking
- Stainless steel housing
- Classic retro aesthetic
- Chrome-ringed LED buttons
- Removable Crumb T
Wrapping up with the Best Long Slot Toaster
We hope this article has given you enough information for you to decide which long slot toaster is best for you.
If none of the best long slot toasters on our list meet your needs, don’t worry, there are many other good options out there.
You can use this article as a guide to help you select the best long slot toaster for you.