No waffle, pancake, or cake is ever complete without a topping. It’s the topping that gives these foods the décor and the extra flair that they need.
Did you ever see someone eat a waffle without waffle toppings on there?
I hope not! But we’ve seen people unsure of what waffle toppings to get and use. For this reason, we wanted to write an article talking about what waffle toppings you might be able to use.
Therefore, down below, not only we’ll touch on the topic of waffle toppings – but we’ll also review some of the best toppings you can get today. Therefore, keep on reading!
What are Some of the Best Waffle Toppings?
There are hundreds of different toppings available – but how do you know which one is worth your money?
Generally, a good topping has to taste different than the main ingredient, has to have the ability to enhance the flavor, and finally, it should make it look good!
As we speak, the following are some of the most popular waffle toppings, for both sweet waffle toppings and savory waffle toppings.
Sweet Waffle Toppings
- Brandied Apricot Butter
- Perfect Blueberry Syrup
- Belgian Chocolate-Fudge Sauce
- Wild Berry Compote
- Stone-Fruit Butter
- Berries with Lemon Mint Syrup
- Bourbon Whipped Cream
- Regular whipped cream
- Chocolate Syrup
- Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Sauce
- Maple Syrup
- Raspberry Syrup
- Black Berry Syrup
- Powdered Sugar
- Marshmallow fluff
- Fresh Strawberries or other fresh fruit
- Vanilla Ice Cream
Savory Waffle Toppings
- Cream Cheese
- Peanut Butter
- Sour Cream
- Soft Fried Eggs
- Canadian Bacon or regular bacon
- Chopped nuts
- Fried Chicken
That’s a long list!
Obviously, you don’t have to use all of these waffle toppings, but it will give you an idea of some of the more popular toppings.
How to Choose and Find the Best Waffle Toppings?
To choose the best waffle toppings, you need to figure out the following:
What kind of recipe are you prepping? Remember, different toppings are intended for different kinds of recipes. You have to try as much as possible to match the kind of topping with the recipe you have in mind. That is only possible if you check out available recipes and even browse our website for more information.
Mode of Application
How is the topping applied to the food item of choice? To cut yourself some unnecessary hassle, you may need to find a topping that is easier to apply on your waffle.
What kinds of nutrients are these waffle toppings able to give you? Check out the packaging as a way of finding this one out. Insist only on that topping that contains the ingredients you may be on the lookout for. While at this, pay some special attention to any dietary needs you may have to meet.
For example, you may be making waffles for someone that is dairy-free, so you would stay away from waffle toppings like whipped cream or cream cheese.
Closely related to the above is the ingredient mix. Are the ingredients natural or are they derived from artificial sources? For your own safety and overall wellbeing, you need a topping whose ingredients are natural and safer for the body.
Preservation and Handling
These items are highly perishable, meaning that they’ll go bad fast! Fresh fruit is a great waffle topping but it goes bad much faster than chocolate chips.
Best Unique Waffle Toppings You Can Get
We now get to review the best unique waffle toppings that you can get. While coming up with this list, we put into consideration the ingredients that these items have, the kinds of nutritional values they potentially have to bring along, and the kinds of applications they may be devoted to.
Find them reviewed here below:
Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- One 26.5 oz jar of delicious Nutella hazelnut spread, the perfect topping for pancakes, waffles, toast, and more!
- The Original Hazelnut Spread…unique in all the world.
- Made from quality ingredients like roasted hazelnuts and cocoa.
- Packaged in the iconic Nutella jar.
- The ideal size for your Nutella-loving family.
Searching for a topping for your pancakes or waffles? Nutella has to be at the top of your list one of the more widely used waffle toppings.
All its ingredients are higher in quality. They include cocoa and roasted hazelnuts. These two ingredients jointly give the topping the nutrient mix the same needs to enrich your own life considerably.
The topping is further packaged in a sturdy jar. This jar allows for it to be easily stored and moved around.
- Its size is large enough for the whole family’s needs
- Possesses a distinctively great taste
- Spreads out easily compared to the other toppings
- Comes at a premium cost
Yes, Nutella is an iconic dessert and pairs great with waffles.
However, did you know that there’s a White Nutella that has been released on a limited basis?
If the Nutella price is just too much, there is Nutella candy, Nutella snacks, and TBH Nutella.
Ok, it’s all a little pricey and TBH Nutella isn’t even real Nutella, but it’s just as delicious (some say better), and its got cleaner ingredients!
PBfit All-natural Peanut Butter Powder
- Protein power: with 8g of protein in one serving of Original PBfit, you can get a boost of protein right after your...
- Simple ingredients: original PBfit is made with 3 simple ingredients: peanuts, coconut palm sugar, and salt. Did we...
- Deliciousness defined: for a tasty, reduced-fat peanut butter spread, mix 2 Tbsp. Of dry PBfit with 1.5 Tbsp. Of...
- Blend, bake, or shake: when it comes to the uses for PBfit, The possibilities are endless! Mix into baked goods...
- Same great taste: due to new FDA guidelines on serving sizes, one serving of PBfit is now updated from 12g to 16g....
Are you averse to synthetic ingredients? Could it be that you simply love nature? If so, you might love this unique peanut butter.
It comprises wholly natural ingredients so it’s high in nutritional value.
Tucked in this peanut butter topping are three simple ingredients. These are salt, coconut palm sugar, and peanuts.
This peanut butter is also high in protein. It has 8 grams of proteins per unit serving.
- Packed with plenty of protein
- Comes packaged in a smooth and delicious makeup
- Contains a low quantity of fat and is hence healthy for the heart
- Has a shorter shelf lifespan
Lakanto Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
- Tastes Like Real Maple Syrup: The perfect mix of water, tapioca fiber, non-GMO Lakanto Monkfruit Extract, natural...
- Delicious Sugar Free Condiment: Our keto sugar free syrup has 1 net carb and lower calories than traditional maple...
- Lifestyle Friendly: Lakanto Sugar Free Maple Flavored Syrup works with ketogenic, diabetic, candida, paleo, vegan,...
- Refrigerate After Opening: For best results, we suggest to consume Lakanto’s low carb sugar free syrup within 90...
- The Ultimate Breakfast: Our syrup is vegan, all natural, and does not contain any artificial ingredients. This...
This is a unique take on a more classic waffle topping. And it might be a great addition to your pantry if you are trying to eat fewer calories or fewer carbs.
This is a sugar-free maple syrup!
This sugar-free maple syrup is also gluten-free and has all-natural ingredients.
- Easy to fit within your macros or diety
- Contains no GMOs
- Taste is fine for being sugar free – definitely don’t expect it to taste like regular maple syrup!
Torani Strawberry Syrup
- STRAWBERRY SYRUP: Strawberries awake memories of spring & summer. But you can enjoy this treat all year round. Keep...
- GOLD STANDARD OF FLAVOR: Made with pure cane sugar, natural flavors & cold-filtered water, Torani Original Syrups...
- EMBRACE YOUR INNER FLAVORISTA: Torani makes a wide array of syrups & sauces in tantalizing flavors to help you...
- AUTHENTIC COFFEEHOUSE FLAVOR: From caramel to French vanilla to hazelnut—& everything in between—our syrups &...
- MIX UP SOME MAGIC: Discover how our syrups can help you make truly creative flavored teas, lemonades, smoothies,...
Of all the toppings we have, this seems to be the best equipped for the matters of breakfast. It contains three powerful ingredients. They are lemon juice, cane sugar, and strawberries. All these ingredients are derived naturally and as such have no GMOs.
The syrup, as stated, contains three ingredients. These are lemon juice, cane sugar, and strawberries. They jointly give you all the nutrients you need while also contributing to the overall health of your body. That they are rich in vitamins is definitely a plus!
- Brings about the natural goodness of fresh fruits
- Enhances the flavor of your desserts and breakfasts
- None – if you like the taste of strawberries then this is the topping for you
Blackberry Patch Syrups 3 Ingredients 8 oz. Bottle
This is a great topping for waffles, pancakes, or French toast.
It contains no artificial ingredients and tastes delicious. It has a long shelf life and is non-GMO!
Maybe the fact that it’s made from real blackberries from a real black berry patch provides some sort of nutritional benefit that offsets the sugar? Or maybe not! Either way, it’s a delicious syrup that you should really try!
No need to search for the “best blackberry syrup near me”! Just order it online!
- Useful across numerous food items
- Lacks any genetically modified organisms
- Vouched for the safety and wellbeing
- None – it tastes great and is reasonably priced!
ChocZero Syrup Variety Pack
- Try out ChocZero's sugar free syrups in a trio pack: chocolate, caramel, and the ultimate breakfast staple Maple!
- Consistency of real maple syrup without any sugar at all. A rich, fudge-like chocolate syrup. Then finally a subtle...
- Low net carbs. Sugar free. No preservatives. No sugar alcohols. Gluten free, GMO free, and all natural. Sweetened...
- Thick and rich: we don't think syrup should be watery and thin, so we use fiber as a base instead of water to...
Not many people love to eat sugar. The dangers that sugar may pose to their health may be too damning. If you are one such kind of person, you may wish to try out a topping that has low sugar, like this one. Other than the low sugar, it also contains zero preservatives and low in carbs.
By its sheer nature and makeup, this topping contains low net carbs. As such, it is good for those persons who are averse to higher levels of sugar and other carbohydrate-related problems. Thus, even if you consume it in plenty, you won’t risk your health.
It is also thick and rich. When applied to the surface of the food items, it tends to form a layer that is highly nutritious and engaging. Being thick, it ensures that all the nutrients are wholly preserved and properly furnished wherever and whenever the same might be needed.
- Your ultimate breakfast staple maple
- Has a consistently smooth texture
- Packed with loads of nutrients
- Low in energy and carbohydrates
Kodiak Cakes Super Fruit Syrup, Mountain Berry, 16 Fl. Oz (Pack of 2)
- Proudly made in the USA - the perfect way to top a stack of our 100% whole grain flapjacks, our Kodiak super fruit...
- Cholesterol and gluten free - a lower sugar alternative to pure maple syrup, our super fruit raspberry,...
- Delicious flavor - sweetened with real fruit and cane sugar for a naturally sweet taste, tastes great on everything...
- Match made in heaven - perfect syrup for pancakes and waffles that pairs great with our Kodiak Cakes power cake...
- Contains - (2) Kodiak Cakes mountain berry super fruit syrup, 16 fl. oz. each, compare to other breakfast syrups &...
Just if you are a foodie, we would ask you to grasp and make do with this topping. It is able to enhance the tastes of many food items. Examples of these are beverages, desserts, and yogurt, to name but a few! All these stem from its relative ease of application and universal nutrient mix.
Unlike many other toppings of its kind, this one lacks fructose contents. Count on it hence not to let you down or predispose you to any dangers and mishaps. Its zero fructose content also makes it a great choice for those who are allergic to higher levels of sugar.
All of its ingredients are derived from real cane sugar and fruits. No artificial stuff has been used to make it up at all. Count on the topping hence to do wonders for you. Particularly, count on it not to endanger your health systems in any shape or form.
- Tastes great to the tongue and the taste buds
- Wholly derived from natural sources
- Applicable across numerous foods
- Quite complicated to handle and workaround
There you have them! You have no excuse now for not getting your hands on rasberry syrup and some of the best waffle toppings on the market. Of course, not everyone will like the same waffle recipe or the same toppings.
However, that’s why we’ve listed and reviewed a great range of toppings so you’ll most likely find at least a couple of toppings you’d like to try.
So if you love waffles or love eating waffles, grab your favorite waffle maker, favorite waffle mix, and take your waffles to a whole new level.
There’s no right or wrong and yet it’s all about getting busy and testing these toppings out!
Which one are you trying out the first?!