Are you looking for a fun shaped waffle maker? Consider the Keyboard waffle iron!
Do you consider yourself a Geek? Or do you love a Geek? This might be the perfect Geek Waffle Iron or Fun Shaped Waffle Iron Christmas or birthday gift for a loved one who loves computers. This Keyboard Waffle Iron is as unique and fun as it can get.
Want to buy instead of read? Click here!
Don’t ever settle for typical square, round, or heart shaped waffles again. Instead, you or your loved ones can satisfy their hunger by munching on keyboard-shaped waffles.
This keyboard waffle concept was originally that, just a concept on Kickstarter by Chris Dimino. Now, The Keyboard Waffle Iron has gone from concept to reality. It’s an amazing waffle iron that makes creative keyboard waffles.
This Keyboard Waffle Iron is blend of technology, design, and waffles in the computer age. It’s interesting to think that waffles have been around for so long but with this specialized waffle iron, you can eat a waffle that wasn’t even a concept of just a few years ago!
The idea is simple, it’s a waffle maker in the shape of a keyboard. You make the waffle mixture and just pour it over the waffle iron, put it on the burner and then wait a few minutes, flip it over, then wait a little bit more. Boom, waffle keyboard is ready to eat!
It’s made from die-cast aluminum, has heat-resistant Bakelite handles and, as the creators put it, it operates on “wireless stovetop cooking”.
Although this originally was a Kickstarter project, it has been fully developed and is available on the most reputable retailer in the world, Amazon. It was originally funded in December 2014 by $66,685! It immediately went into mass production.
The Keyboard Waffle Iron is designed from the waffle-out. It features a unique wide format plate that creates a delicious Belgian-style waffle in the shape of a computer keyboard. They’ve also added a comfortable curved handle for easy flipping. All of this in a simple and sleek design that compliments your kitchen.
Just add heat, batter, and toppings! – actual waffle size: 10″ x 3.5″. Whether on your kitchen stove, backyard bbq, or outdoor camping grill, you can make cool looking waffles just about anywhere.
The Keyboard Waffle Iron’s slim and “wireless” design makes for easy toting to your next brunch, tailgate, or camp site.
Waffles in the form of the keyboard definitely will make you smile in the morning, at least until you sit at your own keyboard at work for the rest of the day!
- CTRL + ALT + DELicious! - Pair your favorite waffle of pancake mix with this kitchen accessory to cook up an...
- EASY TO CLEAN DESIGN - This waffle griddle features a die-cast, non-stick aluminum design ensuring a heavy duty...
- FLIPPING AND COOKING MADE EASY - With comfortable curved handles that are bakelite and heat resistant, this flip...
- ELECTRICITY OPTIONAL - The slim and wireless design makes this a portable waffle maker perfect for your next...
- CHANNEL YOUR INNER GEEK - This is a unique waffle maker that can make any computer user nerd out; from IT and...
Keyboard Waffle Iron Features
- Die-cast, non-stick, easy to clean aluminum design, making this product durable and strong
- Comfortable curved handles are bake lite & heat-resistant for easy flipping and cooking
- The KWI (Keyboard Waffle Iron) makes for one-of-a-kind waffle making experience and the ultimate gift item for your Geeky loved ones
- Slim and “wireless” design makes for easy toting to your next brunch, tailgate or camping trip
- 4.5 pounds heavy
- Product dimensions are 14.5 x 12.2 x 3 inches
- Cooks waffles with the dimensions of approximately 10 x 25 centimeters
Keyboard Waffle Iron Pros:
- Creates Belgian style waffles
- Nonstick aluminum
- Easy to clean
- Free Waffle recipe book
- 4.5 pounds
- 3.9 out of 5 stars on dozens of reviews
Keyboard Waffle Iron Cons:
- Many people don’t consider aluminum to be safe for cooking, still, others say it’s fine because this has a special nonstick coating
- Too large for many stovetops, can be a problem to cook things evenly
- No drip tray so if it’s overfilled it will pour batter onto stovetop
Q: Is this compatible with an induction cooktop?
A: No, it’s not compatible with an induction cooktop, however, there is a way around this. There’s a special pan that allows you to use anything on an induction cooktop. See it here.
Q: How many people will this waffle serve?
A: It’s designed to serve one person, but it’s a large serving.
Q: How much batter should I use?
A: You should use about a half a cup of waffle batter. Make sure that you pour it evenly all around the Keyboard Waffle Iron.
Q: How do you know when the waffles are done?
A: You pour in the batter, wait a couple minutes, flip it, then wait 3-4 more minutes before flipping again. Then wait a couple more minutes before taking it off and using your favorite waffle tongs to take it out.
Q: How much does it weigh?
A: It weighs approximately 5 pounds.
Q: Does this work on a glass stove?
A: Yes, it’ll work on a glass stove but you’ll probably have to turn the heat up.
This product has 3.9/5 stars on over dozens of customer reviews.
This Keyboard Waffle Iron is a fun shaped waffle iron. I don’t consider it an appliance that would use on a regular basis or use to feed myself or my family.
However, it does make a unique gift and makes for interesting waffles. If you’re looking for a waffle maker to use week in and week out, there are others that are better suited, especially at the budget level.
Still unsure? Check out the video that the QWERTY Keyboard guys made for their Kickstarter.