Looking for some of the best budget waffle irons on the market?
$50 can seem like an arbitrary number, but it’s a number that makes sense to people. There are plenty of great waffle makers at various prices. It’s possible to find a good waffle maker for under $50, maybe even one with the features you want.
Is it possible to buy a classic waffle maker with adjustable temperature control, indicator lights, brushed stainless steel, browning control, a removable drip tray, with removable plates that are dishwasher safe and easy to clean for under $50? Probably not.
However, you can certainly find high-quality waffle irons that make waffles fast and delicious at a reasonable price.
There are a ton of great waffles makers at all prices. From a fancy All-Clad Classic Waffle Maker to a basic stainless steel Hamilton Beach Belgian Waffle maker.
At the end of the day, they’ll both get the job done, but it’s likely that the more expensive appliance will have more features, better ratings, better reviews, or be more durable. I said it’s likely, but it’s not always the case.
There are a ton of waffle makers between the $30 and $100 range. Many of these waffle makers have similar features and abilities. What we do at Easy Kitchen Appliances is to research great waffle makers and many times use these appliances in order to write in-depth waffle maker reviews.
Our goal is to bring you the best waffle maker brands, top-rated waffle makers, along with the best waffle makers for what you need. Along the way, we’ll write some fun articles whose purpose is to help you overcome waffle maker related challenges!
We also have no problem linking you to great websites when appropriate, even if we’re not affiliated with them.
So let’s get on with it. You’re looking for the best inexpensive waffle maker under $50. So here we go!
What’s the best waffle maker under $20
- Belgian waffle maker creates large, round waffles with deep pockets that hold plenty of toppings and syrup
- Waffle maker features an 8 inch nonstick plate that releases waffles easily and cleans quickly
- Adjustable temperature control lets you customize heat while cooking, for different types of finishes and batters
- Stainless steel housing offers added durability; Cord length: 27.5 inches, watts: 1080w
- Safe to touch handle provides a firm grip and helps prevent burns
The Oster Belgian Waffle Maker in Stainless Steel can often be found for under $20 on Amazon. Check it’s current price here.
Not only is this Oster Belgian Waffle Maker a beast of a machine (that means it’s great), it also happens to be the current Number 1 selling Waffle Iron on Amazon right now.
It boasts an impressive 4.3 out of 5 stars on over 1,600 reviews. You just can’t get much better than that as far as proven reliability and price.
For an Easy Kitchen Appliances review of this Oster Belgian Waffle Iron, look here.
What’s the best waffle maker under $50
The Presto 03510 FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker with Ceramic Nonstick Finish comes in comfortably under $50 and takes care of all of your waffle making needs. It flips over which means that your waffles will be cooked evenly on both sides and throughout.
It not only has a nonstick finish, but it’s a non-teflon finish, it’s ceramic. Ceramic is a superior nonstick finish to Teflon. So much so, that many people refuse to eat anything that’s been cooked on Teflon for fear of the Teflon coming off. With ceramic, though, there’s no fear of that.
It also has a stainless steel exterior and hard plastic handle. It bakes a deep pocket, thick Belgian waffle, one at a time.
This Presto FlipSide Belgian waffle maker boasts 4.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon and has over 4,400 reviews. It’s the number 2 best selling waffle iron on Amazon. It’s just impossible to go wrong with reviews like those.
To read our review on this Belgian waffle maker, go here.
What’s the best waffle maker under $100
- 5 Servings - Everyone to the dinner table! The sizeable grilling surface lets you make five servings of...
- Versatility - Expand your food horizons! This Evolve model includes premium ceramic grill/Panini plates and...
- Digital Timer and Temperature Controls - Perfect heat is the secret ingredient. The digital controls give you...
- 500°F Searing - Put a delicious crust on your favorite grilled meats. The special searing button raises the grill...
- Removable Plates - Easy cleanup is essential, and that’s what the removable grill plates are all about. Pop them...
Ready to get fancy?
Yes, you’ll have to drop some coin to do it, but I promise it’s worth it. You won’t regret buying the George Foreman GRP4842P Multi-Plate Evolve Grill With Ceramic Grilling Plates. It’s a little pricey, but its multi-functional abilities mean that it’s really a few different appliances in one.
Because it comes with different plates, it means you can make a Belgian waffle, then drop the waffle plates in the sink and move onto eggs, bacon, and sausage.
It’s the ultimate breakfast machine. Its plates also happen to be a non-stick, non-teflon ceramic.
It has 4.1 out of 5 stars on Amazon out of almost 1,000 customer reviews. That’s nothing to scoff at! George Foreman appliances have a history of reliability. Also, the features that this Evolve grill has are out of this world. It’s much more than a waffle maker, it actually may be the only kitchen appliance you need!
You can read the Easy Kitchen Appliances George Foreman Evolve review here.
Does more expensive mean better?
Not really, but sometimes yes. Most people just don’t eat waffles on a regular basis, so why would they spend a lot of money on an appliance that they’re not sure they’ll use all that often? I totally agree with that. And the fact is, you can get a quality appliances for not that much much money.
Spending approximately $25 for a stainless steel Hamilton Beach, Cuisinart WMR-CA Round Classic Waffle Iron, or Oster Belgian Waffle Maker is pretty much a steal. It’ll last you forever, they all make delicious waffles, and even if you decide you never want to eat another waffle again, it was only $25. You’ve likely spent more money at Starbucks in one week than that.
Easy Kitchen Appliances has two favorite types of Waffle Makers
1. A multi-functional waffle maker
2. A simple to use waffle maker
Unfortunately, these are often opposing features. Multi-functional usually means complicated, but some people want a mini-grill/griddle that can do it all, like the Evolve grill which is basically a waffle maker with removable plates.
Others want a simple, one size fits one job type of appliance, like the Cuisinart WMR-CA or Oster waffle maker.
Want a waffle maker? Then simply get a waffle maker that simply makes waffles, simply.
Because of the wide variety of waffle makers in this price range, it would be really difficult, almost impossible, to make an informed decision about the one best waffle maker under $50 that fits all of your needs.
Didn’t we rate the Presto FlipSide waffle maker as the best waffle maker under $50? Yes but I’m going to share with you two other waffle makers that could have easily made the top spot. Each of these waffle makers has something unique about them.
These three waffle makers are in no particular order. They all make excellent waffles, whether they’re Belgian waffles or classic ones.
They’re all known for durability and they’ll all be great. There may be one thing that you prefer in one that the others don’t have. However, you can buy any of them and have a great waffle making machine for years to come.
I’m using three new terms here, Big Pro, Big Con, and Verdict.
Big Pro is the one great thing about this waffle maker.
Big Con is the one challenge it has when compared to other waffle makers.
Verdict is the well…. final verdict.
Again, all of these are great appliances, you can’t go wrong!
1. Presto FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker
- Professional-style rotating design with extra-thick grid bakes a 7-inch diameter Belgian waffle with four...
- Dual function base assures convenient rotation for baking and locks in a space-saving vertical position for storage
- Countdown timer with digital display signals when time is complete; Brushed stainless steel exterior;
- Nonstick interior easily wipes clean. Care and Cleaning: Hand wash ; 120 Volts AC, 1100 Watts
- Flips 180 degrees to evenly spread batter for waffles that are crispy outside and tender inside. Refer the User...
Big Pro: Its ability to flip the waffle isn’t really seen in waffle makers under $50.
Big Con: No multi-functional features. Although for many, this isn’t really a con.
Verdict: It has many other features, but the ability to flip the waffle ENSURES that your waffles will be cooked evenly, every time!
Review: Read our in depth review of the Presto FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker
2. Chefman Belgian Waffle Maker with No Overflow Perfect Pour
- UNIQUE DESIGN: Unique award winning, innovative, patent pending design with anti-leaking system seals in batter...
- 1-2-3 OPERATION: Simply twist pour-spout into base and, pour batter using included measuring cup (watch batter...
- ENDLESS RECIPE OPTIONS: With the Chefman Perfect Pour Volcano Waffle Belgian Maker, there are unlimited options of...
- EASY CLEANING & STORAGE: Designed with a store-able pouring spout on the base of the unit used to guide down the...
- RESOURCES: UL approved with advanced safety technology for long lasting durability, & 1-year assurance provided by...
Big Pro: The Chefman Belgian Waffle Maker is really a unique machine and those who love it, really love it. Instead of opening the waffle maker and pouring the batter on the machine before closing and cooking it, you close the waffle maker and then pour in the waffle batter through a “volcano” cup on top. Its plates are nonstick and sloped, ensuring even batter distribution and even cooking. It also means you’ll never make a mess.
It truly makes perfect waffles every time.
Big Con: Its big con is the same as its big pro. Some people love the volcano feature and others hate it. Although it ensures that you won’t make a mess, some people feel like they need more control over how its poured and how their waffles are cooked.
Verdict: It’s a toss up! Some love it and some hate it. One thing’s for sure, you’ll have great waffles every time, even if you feel like you’re giving up control!
Review: Read our in depth review of the Chefman Belgian Waffle Maker
3. T-Fal SW6100 Waffle Maker with Removable Plates
- 2 sets of interchangeable sandwich and waffle plates
- Waffle plates make 2 square shaped Belgian style waffles at a time
- Use the sandwich plates to to make delicious pocket sandwiches any time of day
- On/ready indicator lights; cord storage; nonstick and dishwasher safe plates for easy cleaning
- Indicator lights advise if power is on and when the plates are ready for cooking
Big Pro: The T-Fal’s biggest pro, by far is its removable plates. This means that when you’re done (and after the waffle maker cools down) you can pop off the plates and run them in the dishwasher. The T-Fal ensures that you never have to clean again. It also happens to make sandwiches.
Big Con: It’s sandwich size is TINY. I mean, you’ll have to cut the crust off, and then maybe a little more in order to fit the bread inside of it. Still, this has nothing to with actually making waffles, but it is annoying.
Verdict: What’s not to love about never hand cleaning your waffle maker again? Also, sandwiches.
Review: Read our in depth review of the T-Fal Waffle Maker
- Flipping Action Makes Thick, Fluffy Waffles Flipping Waffles During Cooking Makes Them Crispy on the Outside,...
- Nonstick Removable Plates Remove Your Waffle From the Nonstick Plates With No Sticking or Scraping; The Grids...
- Adjustable Browning Control Cook Your Waffle Lighter or Darker, Just the Way You Want It
- Stainless Steel Design Waffle IRON Wipes Down Easily and Has a Modern Look That Will Look Great on Your Countertop
- Easy-Clean Grids and Drip Tray the Grids and Drip Tray Are Removable and Dishwasher-Safe for Simple Cleanup
This Hamilton Beach Rotating Waffle Maker comes with nonstick coating on its removable plates, browning control, drip tray and has a brushed stainless steel exterior with an always cool to touch handle.
It has great reviews and is always very inexpensive. You just can’t go wrong with this appliance.
Not only is this Hamilton Beach appliance a good one, but Hamilton Beach has a great reputation as a kitchen appliance company.
Making waffles will never be easier because this Hamilton Beach appliance will crank out delicious Belgian waffles for years to come.
- Dual indicator lights; 5-setting browning control
- Round nonstick cook plate with four quarters
- Stands on end for compact storage. BPA free
- 3-Year warranty
- Voltage-120V Features: Bakes one large traditional-style waffle|Five-setting browning control|Regulating...
This Cuisinart WMR-CA Round Classic Waffle Maker is one of the most compact and inexpensive waffle makers on the market.
It has a ready light, nonstick coating, and brushed stainless steel.
It’s easy to store, easy to use and is guaranteed to bake delicious waffles for you and your family.
- 7.25” Belgian-Style Waffles - Create classic 7.25” round Belgian-style waffles, the perfect size for one...
- Nonstick Plates - Waffles slide out easily thanks to the nonstick plates, which are simple to clean
- Cool-Touch Handle - The extended handle lets you safely open the waffle maker while it’s hot.
- Ready Indicator Light - Shows when the waffle maker is preheated and ready to cook.
- Vertical Storage - The space-saving design allows for vertical storage in the cabinet.
This Black Decker Waffle Maker makes fluffy Belgian waffles from its nonstick plates and is easy to store because it can be housed vertically.
It’s very easy to use because of its power indicator light, ready indicator light, and 2 year warranty is a plus!
Wrapping up with some of the top waffle makers under $50
There are many great top-rated waffle makers on the market. You just can’t go wrong with so many of these and for many others, it comes down to personal opinion.
Whether you’re looking for something ceramic, something with removable plates, something with temperature control and indicator lights, or all of the above. We’ve got you covered on all of your best waffle needs.
At Easy Kitchen Appliances, we want to arm you with as much information and real life experience to help you make the best possible decision on your next waffle maker purchase.