Enjoy delicious waffles by getting a Waffle Maker that doesn’t break the bank!
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. However, many of us are simply too busy to make it count in the mornings. The rush to get out through the door can often crush what should be an enjoyable start to the day.
There’s only so much cereal and toast one person can take.
In fact, sometimes we get so sick of the same old grub that we tend to skip it altogether. Instead, many people choose to press snooze on their alarm and catch a few minutes more sleep rather than munch another uninspiring morning meal.
But what if you could make your breakfast special, if not every day then at least on the weekends?
Buying the cheapest waffle maker might be a no-brainer for you. If you love it, you can always upgrade later, and if you hate it, you’re not out that much money.
All it takes is a little prep to get the batter ready, and then you can take five minutes to pull on your clothes before returning to the kitchen to your perfectly-cooked golden waffles. And that’s just the beginning; you can customize your waffles in so many ways to always keep things fresh and interesting!
There is an abundance of waffle makers on the market, but if you want to find a great deal, then there’s no need to splash the cash on a fancy waffle maker.
Great features on many budget waffle maker models include temperature control and indicator lights, allowing you to cook your waffle exactly the way you want, whether you prefer them to be light and fluffy or brown and crispy.
In this post, we’ll take a close look at three worthy contenders for the title of best cheap waffle maker.
All three waffle makers boast features that make them worth considering, but one thing that all these waffle makers have in common is that they are a sure-fire way to start your mornings with a smile on your face (and without breaking the bank).
Oster Stainless Steel Belgian Waffle Maker
Read our full review of the Oster Belgian Waffle maker here.
The Oster brand makes a bold promise of delivering a legendary performance that is designed to last.
Whether you’re looking for a great breakfast or a tasty snack any time of the day, this Oster Belgian waffle maker is sure to delight.
This waffle maker model is one of the most economic buys in the Oster range but it doesn’t sacrifice anything in quality. You can look forward to freshly-cooked, deep-pocketed Belgian waffles, dished up in minutes.
Inside this robust, stainless steel frame, there is an 8” round waffle plate that is designed to cook up one large waffle packed with the delicious fillings of your choice.
Maybe you enjoy the traditional style of melted butter and sweet syrup or perhaps you prefer to be more adventurous by adding fruit, chocolate, or ice cream. In any case, you can be sure the Oster waffle maker will produce the goods!
The stainless steel body guarantees that this waffle maker will stick around for a long time. Other great benefits include a wide drip tray to save you time cleaning up any mess in addition to a cool-touch handle that ensures nobody gets their fingers burnt.
Furthermore, the Oster CKSTWF2000 Stainless Steel Belgian Waffle Maker has an adjustable temperature control function, which means you can cook and enjoy Belgian waffles just the way you like. From light and fluffy waffles to extra crispy, there’ll be no trouble getting the perfect treat from this waffle maker.
- Durable Stainless Steel construction that ensures longevity
- Adjustable temperature control that enables users to customize taste
- Non-stick cool-touch handles for increased safety
- Drip tray to keep things clean
- Round Waffle Maker
- Non-skid rubber feet
- Nonstick surface
- Indicator lights to let you know when your waffle is ready
- Large 8-inch round non-stick surface
- Proven durability
- Small design has caused minor performance issues for some customers
BLACK+DECKER Belgian Waffle Maker, Stainless Steel, WMB500
- 7.25” Belgian-Style Waffles - Create classic 7.25” round Belgian-style waffles, the perfect size for one...
- Nonstick Plates - Waffles slide out easily thanks to the nonstick plates, which are simple to clean
- Cool-Touch Handle - The extended handle lets you safely open the waffle maker while it’s hot.
- Ready Indicator Light - Shows when the waffle maker is preheated and ready to cook.
- Vertical Storage - The space-saving design allows for vertical storage in the cabinet.
Black & Decker has a sterling reputation when it comes to construction and trade work. What many people don’t realize is that they also know how to produce great waffle makers!
The WMB500 may be a budget-friendly round classic waffle maker; however, its stainless steel housing makes this model a solid bargain. It has extra-deep grids that allow you and your family to enjoy thick Belgian waffles, which have lots of space for the tasty fillings you crave.
That’s not all – these 7 ¼ inch round waffle plates and nonstick surface aren’t just deep. The plate is split into four equal sections and the dividers rise high. What this means is that your huge waffles come out ready to share between the whole family!
Furthermore, the plate is also non-stick, which means it’s easier to serve up the treats and life will be easier for the person cleaning up the Black & Decker Belgian waffle maker.
The indicator lights on the waffle maker let you know when it is hot enough to start the cooking process and also alerts you when your waffle is cooked to perfection.
With a shiny chrome casing and slick black handles, the Black & Decker Belgian Waffle Maker is a handsome addition to your kitchen. But if you want to pack it away, that’s also an easy task.
When you’re finished cooking and cleaning up, simply wrap the cord around the hinge and slide the stainless steel waffle maker away on its side. Its compact design allows it to stand in a vertical position, saving space in your kitchen storage.
Another great bonus is the versatility offered by this model. If you’ve somehow had enough of Belgian waffles, you can use this incredible machine to make plenty of other scrumptious snacks such as grilled sandwiches, brownies or hash browns.
Not only will this stainless steel waffle maker make perfect waffles, but it’s also our top budget pick.
- Ready to share – A sectioned grid with high dividers splits the waffle into four portions
- Non-stick coating makes it easier to remove the waffles and also makes for easy cleanup
- Cool-Touch Handle that ensures safety from start-to-finish whenever you are cooking
- Ready Light – To let you know when to start cooking and when to stop
- Compact Storage – A space-saving design allows users to store the unit vertically
- No wide drip-rim – Adding too much batter will lead to messy overflows
- No browning control – Users can’t adjust how crispy or fluffy they want their waffle
Hamilton Beach Belgian Waffle Maker (26009)
- Easy to use, easy to clean: This waffle iron features nonstick Belgian style grids that make two 1.1" deep waffles...
- Versatile and delicious: Cook tasty waffles and so much more with this Belgian style waffle maker. Fun and...
- Sleek style: This premium stainless steel waffle baker is not only easy to clean but also looks great in any...
- Eliminate guesswork: Power and preheat lights on top of waffle maker show when power is on and when it's hot and...
- Easy to store: The lid locks for compact, upright storage of waffle maker in a cupboard or pantry.
Now here is a real treat that will make you want to jump out of bed in the mornings. The Hamilton Beach Belgian Waffle Maker could well be the best cheap waffle maker on the market.
It has two separate grids, allowing you to cook more waffles for a bigger breakfast banquet. The preheat and ready lights on top will let you know when to add the batter and just five minutes later, there’ll be two golden-brown waffles ready for munching!
Like its competitors, this Belgian waffle maker boasts a nonstick plates, which makes for easier cleaning. Moreover, this feature enables you to serve up perfectly cooked waffles that simply slide onto your plate with minimal effort.
What’s more, is that this Belgian Waffle Maker has a covered hinge and special batter channel. This prevents excessive mess and the non-stick surface only needs a quick wipe to clean. Once you’re done, you can prop it up its edge to save space in your storage cabinet.
For these reasons, we’ve found that this is one of the best cheapest waffle makers on the market. It’s not just cheap, it’s a high-quality budget waffle maker that will make delicious waffles for years to come.
- Less Mess – Belgian-style grids are made from non-stick material
- Twice the treat – Make 2 waffles at a time
- Indicator lights ensures the perfect cooking time
- Browning settings– Choose your style from light and fluffy to brown and crispy
- Space-saving storage – can be stored in an upright position
- Premium stainless steel – built to last
- Handle/Lock is short and not as resistant to wear-and-tear
- Model can get too hot to handle on some places during use
Wrapping up with the best cheap waffle maker
One issue that many people have in the morning is that they simply don’t have the time to make a good breakfast. For that reason, they might consider buying a waffle maker to be a waste of money.
Here’s the thing:
You can still enjoy waffles every day, without having to actually prep and cook them every day.
That’s right! When you have a little more time on the weekends, just load up by cooking some extra waffles. Once cooled, waffles are easy to store in the freezer or fridge. Keeping them in an airtight container will ensure they stay just as tasty.
Simply pop them into the oven, toaster, or microwave and enjoy delicious waffles any day of the week with minimal fuss.
Looking at buying a cheap waffle maker is actually a great strategy because at the very worst you’ll be out a few dollars. And at the very best you’ll have the best waffle maker your budget can afford while being able to make any waffle recipe you find online.
And if you find that making waffles just isn’t for you, you can always just put away your waffle maker, sell it, or give it to someone else.
Whether you want them every morning or just on weekends, waffles are a treat you’ll always enjoy. Getting yourself a waffle maker won’t cost much but the rewards will make you full and happy again and again, for a long time to come!