Who doesn’t love waffles? I bet most of you folks can’t resist digging into a warm waffle after seeing that luscious maple syrup, honey or whipped cream dripping from its edges!
In my case, I prefer to have waffles for breakfast or when enjoying a lazy Sunday morning from the balcony of my room.
For people who love waffles, but don’t know how to cook one, I would say one thing—it’s now easy.
Unlike the old days, making waffles at home these days is pretty easy and hassle-free, thanks to modern, affordable electric waffle makers or irons. Here we will talk about one such waffle maker. So, let’s go!
The KRUPS GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker
Krups Waffle Maker Key Features
The KRUPS GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker can cook up to four Belgian waffles at the same time. This waffle maker comes with five adjustable browning levels, which will help you to prepare waffles for every individual taste.
The appliance has green and red indicating lights as well as an alarm that beeps when the waffle maker is on, heated, or ready to bake, and also when the waffles are done.
Waffles prepared in the KRUPS GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker have deeper pockets, which is great for filling it up with whipped cream, maple syrup, jam or fresh fruits.
The waffles feel fluffy on the inside but crispy outside. The construction of this waffle maker is also robust as it is made of stainless steel. The waffle lids are removable die-cast plates and have non-stick coating making it easy to clean.
Overall, the KRUPS GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker is a joy to use to make waffles.
Krups Waffle Maker Pros
- Attractive design and stainless-steel housing
- Makes 4-slice Belgian-style waffles in a single batch
- 5 adjustable levels of browning
- Removable plates
- The baked waffles are crispy, light, and have extra-deep pockets
- Cord storage
- Easy to store, can be stored vertically
- Easy to clean
- Nonstick coating
- Preheating and ready-to-cook indicators
- Dishwasher safe
- Adjustable thermostat
- Comes with 2 years guarantee
- Weighs only 9.1 pounds
- Available in two attractive colors: silver/black
Krups Waffle Maker Cons
- Some consumers reported that the alerts are not reliable
- Waffles cook slowly
- Minimal Browning at highest temperature
- Inconsistent browning of the waffles at the top and bottom
- There have been reports that the waffles aren’t always brown, fluffy or crispy as advertised
The KRUPS GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker has great customer reviews on Amazon scoring 4.2/5 stars based on over 300 customer reviews.
Krups Waffle Maker FAQs
- Question: What is the size of the waffles made in the KRUPS GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker?
- Answer: This waffle maker makes four 4-inch waffles
- Question: How much batter do I need to make one waffle in this waffle iron?
- Answer: According to the manual, you will require 1/2 cup of batter to make one waffle.
- Question: Are the waffle plates PTFE and PFOA free?
- Answer: No
- Question: How long does it take to cook one batch of waffles in the KRUPS GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker?
- Answer: Approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Question: How can I prevent waffles getting stuck to the plates?
- Answer: Apply some oil or fat to the plates before cooking. Also, don’t use too much sugar in the batter.
- Question: How do I clean my waffle maker?
- Answer: Use a sponge and some washing liquid, and gently glide the sponge over the plates and the body of the waffle maker to clean. Don’t use any scouring pads or abrasive powders.
- Question: What are the dimensions of this waffle maker?
- Answer: 12.6 x 6.7 x 16.5″
- Question: Is the non-stick coating of the KRUPS GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker made of Teflon or ceramic?
- Answer: Teflon.
- Question: What is the wattage of the KRUPS GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker?
- Answer: This waffle maker is 1200 watts.
- Question: Is the audible beep of the KRUPS GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker work when it is hot and ready to make waffles? Or does it beep when the waffles are cooked?
- Answer: Yes, the waffle iron will beep when it is hot and ready to bake as well as when the waffles are done.
The KRUPS GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker is currently at a really affordable price on Amazon. You get much more than you ask for. It’s not easy to get a well-designed, decent and functional waffle maker unless you’re really passionate about waffles. By passionate we are implying you want to get the best waffle maker to make waffles!
In that case, we will recommend the All-Clad Stainless Steel Classic Round Waffle Maker 99012GT, and the All-Clad Stainless Steel Belgian Waffle Maker99011GT. These are the some of the best waffle irons around and come with some really incredible features and designs. But, don’t also forget, these are made of All-Clad Stainless, so prepare to spend a lot on these beauties as anyone will cost almost $150 a piece!
But, if you’re an average morning Joe, and just like waffles, and the KRUPS GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker seems a bit expensive for you, we suggest you check out the WM520 Heart Shaped Waffle Maker by Euro Cuisine. This is a decent, all-around waffle maker at an even more affordable price than the Krups.
However, that doesn’t mean that the Euro Cuisine WM520 Heart Shaped Waffle Maker is a bad waffle maker. It’s not as fancy as the KRUPS GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker or the All-Clad, but it will make waffles just fine.
Krups Belgian Waffle Maker Final Words
The KRUPS GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker is beautifully-designed, functional, user-friendly and affordable waffle maker with almost no drawbacks. Usually, electric waffle makers at this price range don’t come with many features and good designs. But, this KRUPS waffle maker is exceptional. We highly recommend you check it out if you’re shopping for a new waffle maker.
To see the Krups Belgian Waffle Maker in action, watch the video below!