In a hurry? Our top choice for the best toaster oven for baking is the Breville Smart Oven Pro. It is one of the best toaster ovens on the market and has top of the line air fryer cooking functions.
Looking for one of the best toaster oven that can do it all, especially bake?
Do you have spare space in your kitchen counter and thinking about replacing your humble pop-up toaster with something more capable and with more features? Then, you might consider trading up for a toaster oven.
Modern toaster ovens are a lot more versatile with many new features and cook modes to make your breakfasts more enjoyable and convenient. They’ve become faster and even better at toasting than they used to be.
Apart from toasting bread and bagels, a toaster oven can now reheat leftovers and frozen pizzas. Also, it can defrost frozen food items, bake cakes, casseroles, and even fry vegetables and chicken wings. Some high-end toaster ovens have convection settings allowing you to broil salmon and roast chicken.
Once you use it, we can assure you won’t look back at your old convection oven again. Overall, the Breville Smart Oven Pro is worth the investment. Its closest contender happens to be the Hamilton Beach 31126 Toaster Oven with Convection. It is an excellent and inexpensive oven that performs well.
Here are our top picks for the best toaster ovens ranked, in order –
- Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro
- Hamilton Beach 31126 Toaster Oven with Convection
- Ninja SP101 Foodi Digital Fry Convection Oven
- Cuisinart TOB-260N1 Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven
- BLACK & DECKER CTO6335S Countertop Convection Toaster Oven
- Oster TSSTTVMNDG Convection Toaster Oven
- Panasonic NB-G110P FlashXpress Toaster Oven
7 Best Toaster Ovens For Baking
1. Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro
- The Breville Smart Oven Pro with Element iQ System is a high performance countertop oven; Reduce your cooking time...
- Element iQ System: Using 5 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and when it's needed...
- Convection Powered: The Smart Oven Pro's convection setting reduces cooking time by up to 30%; An inbuilt fan...
- 10 Cooking Functions: versatile countertop oven with 10 cooking functions to guide you to perfection: Toast, Bagel,...
- Smart Oven with Slow Cook Function: Take your time to tenderize and develop complex flavors using the slow cook...
The Breville Mini Smart Oven Pro is a stunning, stainless steel energy-efficient oven with incredible even and consistent toasting capabilities. Besides, toasting, this Breville oven also provides consistent results when heating a frozen pizza, broiling chicken breasts, or baking refrigerated biscuits.
The Breville was the only toaster oven we tested where the chicken breasts are well-broiled that they looked like they have been grilled outdoors.
The oven’s LCD screen has cook modes or presets for toast, bake, bagel, roast, broil, cookies, pizza, reheat, warm, and slow cook options. The dial can be turned to select the preferred cooking mode, temperature, and time.
For starters, operating this oven may appear slightly more complicated, but you’ll be up to speed in no time. The oven has an automatic preheat feature, and an interior light to monitor your food. The Breville can also cook slowly, which works flawlessly in case you want tender meat and veggies.
The Breville Smart Oven Pro comes with useful accessories, including a porcelain-coated pan for broiling and baking, a pizza pan, and a crumb tray.
This is such a versatile toaster oven that it will rival your conventional oven.
- Amazing even toasting and baking
- Great slow cooking
- Convection capable
- Functional LCD screen
- Low energy consumption
- Intuitive, versatile controls
- Removable crumb tray
- Easy to clean and use
- No recipes included in the manual
- The exterior gets hot during use
2. Hamilton Beach 31126 Easy Reach Oven with Convection
- Easy access to food and countertop, easy to clean food can’t spill on door
- Bake, broil & toast functions, convection circulates air for faster, even cooking, removable crumb tray
- 30 minute timer with ready bell and optional stay-on setting
- Includes bake pan and bake rack with two rack positions
- Fits a 9 x 11 inches bake pan, 12 inches pizza, or 6 slices of toast, dimensions (H x W x D) 9.41 x 18.74 x 15.24...
Unlike other expensive countertop toaster ovens, The Hamilton Beach Easy Reach Oven with Convection is a compact toaster oven that won’t take much space on your kitchen countertop. This oven delivers excellent baking and toasting. Besides, the door rolls back, making it easy to put and take out the food.
The Hamilton Beach countertop toaster oven, when compared to other models, is one of the fastest at toasting bread.
If you like baking, this small but large capacity toaster oven is worth the investment as it bakes faster than other models. The biscuits we tried out came out flaky and as golden as if we baked them in a traditional oven.
While you sure can broil a chicken in the Easy Reach Oven, we like to remind you that this unit doesn’t brown food evenly. After all, this is an inexpensive model that lacks electronic controls. Instead, all we have here is a turning mechanical timer.
To get your food cooking, simply decide on one of the cooking functions and turn the mechanical timer. The cooking times of this oven aren’t that precise, but it still shows the remaining time.
You can adjust the timer up to 30 minutes, but if you want your food to cook much longer, choose the “Stay On” option. Remember to turn off the oven when your food is done.
No need to grab a baking pan because a lightweight aluminum pan is included with the oven.
- Convection capable
- Convenient roll-back door
- Can toast quickly
- Easy operation
- Lacks electronic controls
- Doesn’t brown food evenly
- The door gets too hot to touch
- Accessories aren’t dishwasher-safe
- Ineffective broiler
- Exterior gets hot
3. Ninja Foodi Digital Air Fryer Toaster Oven
- The ultimate meal-making machine with 8-in-1 functionality: air fry, air roast, air broil, bake, bagel, toast,...
- Reclaim your counter space: takes up 50% less space when you flip it up and away to store against your backsplash.
- Air fry: up to 75% less fat than traditional frying methods. Tested against hand-cut, deep-fried French fries.
- Xl capacity: 45% larger usable pan cooking area vs. The flat surface area of the Cuisinart toa-60 and toa-65 pan....
- Easy cleaning: Includes a removable crumb tray and an easily accessible back panel for deep cleaning.
The Ninja Foodi Digital Air Fry Convection Oven has dimensions that are somewhat unusual as it’s broader and shorter than other typical toaster ovens. Before you pick this up, make sure you’ve enough counter space to accommodate it.
The oven is wider than others, and you can toast nine slices of bread at once effortlessly. There is also a big nonstick sheet pan where you can cook chicken as well as beef, shrimp, and vegetables for four people in about 30 minutes.
But, if you’re thinking about roasting a chicken, look elsewhere because it’s not tall enough.
Now let’s talk about the toasting capability of this oven. Whether you like plain white bread or a doughy, scrumptious bagel, the Ninja Foodi will toast them beautifully.
If you like baking biscuits, this thing will bake them evenly and nicely. Thinking about broiling a few chicken breasts, the Ninja has you covered.
This digital air frying oven will bake and cook any food just like any other countertop or regular oven or full-size oven. It can also air fry veggies, so you don’t need to invest in a large appliance.
Best of all, the convection setting it has will circulate hot air among your food from the heating elements and will fully cook frozen foods in just minutes.
That’s right! This Ninja Foodi digital air fry oven can take your french fries, veggies, and even steak from frozen to ready in just minutes.
The Ninja Foodi also features digital controls with a dial that is intuitive and easy to read and navigate.
We like the Ninja’s one-minute preheat function, how quietly it runs when on, and the light inside to keep tabs on your food during cooking. When not in use, you can flip it over in an upright position on the countertop. Cleaning the interior of this oven is easy as the back opens up.
- Comes with a sizeable nonstick bake pan and air fryer basket
- Easy to read digital controls
- Intuitive controls
- Easy to clean
- Has air fryer setting
- Too short
- Too wide for some countertops
- Takes up a lot of counter space
4. Cuisinart TOB-260N1 Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven
- Spacious 0.95 cubic-foot capacity oven Fits 13" pizza and 9" x 13" baking pan
- 15 cooking functions, including innovative dual cook, and speed convection.
- Digital controls with large blue backlit display and LED buttons. BPA free; Convenient auto-slideout rack
- Always even toast shade control offers consistent results slice after slice. Interior light
- Unit Actual Dimensions: 20.87" L x 16.93" W x 11.42" H
The Cuisinart Chef’s Toaster Oven is one large, handsome convection oven that everyone should have on their kitchen countertop.
If you’re a serious or a passionate cook, you might be looking for a toaster oven like this one. Not because it makes the best well-browned toast than other competing convection toaster ovens, but it broils and bakes exceptionally well.
This toaster oven even comes with two racks allowing you to bake two layers of cake at once.
The Chef’s Toaster Oven features more than ten cooking categories that are displayed on the unit’s LCD screen. You can also program in two different cooking times and temperatures.
You can bake a lasagna and then brown it at once if you want it!
We also found that this toaster oven makes perfectly roasted potatoes—just using the provided “Roast” option. However, some users will find themselves occasionally stumped as the numerous cooking programs can be somewhat confusing.
The LCD screen displays the cooking time, and there is an oven light to check on your food.
Included accessories are a heavy, porcelain-coated broiling pan and a pizza stone. The manufacturer was also generous in providing a manual with an exciting collection of recipes.
All of these features make it a top of the line best toaster oven
- Superb even toasting
- Excellent baking, and broiling capabilities
- Convection capable
- Customizable functions
- Dishwasher-safe parts
- Automatic sliding rack
- Somewhat confusing cooking programming
- Exterior gets hot
5. BLACK & DECKER CTO6335S Toaster Oven
- Included Components: Removable Crumb Tray
What we love about the BLACK & DECKER Countertop Convection Oven is its convention capability. The convection heating fan of this oven circulates hot air throughout the oven for faster and even and consistent baking.
The oven’s optimized heat circulation ensures uniform cooking as it was engineered to cook your pizza 20% faster than by other convection toaster ovens.
This BLACK & DECKER convection oven has a sleek and compact appearance, given its stainless steel exterior. Despite its super stylish looks, the interior is extra deep and slightly curved.
This makes it ideal for cooking a 12-inch pizza or a standard 9 by an 11-inch bake pan to bake cakes and biscuits.
The nonstick interior makes it easy to clean after cooking. The oven comes with a dual position rack. So, if you aren’t baking a big cake, you can have two full trays of toast.
We found the BLACK & DECKER CTO6335S incredibly easy to use, thanks to the inclusion of intuitive digital controls for setting the temperature ((up to 400 degrees maximum) and time.
In addition to digital control, there are 8 function settings: bake, broil, toast, frozen snacks, potatoes, bagel, pizza, and cookies. There is also a 120-minute automatic turnoff feature. It comes with a broil rack, a baking pan, and a crumb tray.
- Convection oven for even heating and baking
- Dual-position rack
- Eight function settings
- Automatic turnoff feature
- Comes with 3 rack positions model
- The digital display is not backlit
6. Oster TSSTTVMNDG Air Fryer Toaster Oven
- 6 slice convection toaster oven for faster, more even cooking. This Oster Large Digital Countertop Oven can fit up...
- Convection technology and a wide temperature range of 150 to 450 degrees F let you cook with the convenience of an...
- Digital controls with 7 cooking settings and an interior light for easy viewing
- Large interior can accommodate one 12 inch pizza, casseroles, cookies, and even a roast; Oven measures 19.72 w x...
- Includes Durable baking pan and removable crumb tray for easy cleanup. Watts: 1300w
We love the Oster Air Frying Toaster Oven primarily for its convection technology and wide temperature range. The temperature can vary from 150 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit enabling you to cook with the convenience of a built-in oven.
The convection fan of this oven effectively circulates hot air inside the oven for faster cooking and even browning.
The Oster Convection Oven is also great for baking as it bakes cakes and biscuits with flakier crusts and crispier edges.
The oven has a spacious interior and includes dual position racks meaning you can fit in a variety of tins and pans.
Want to reheat or bake a 12-inch pizza? Don’t worry; the Oster toaster oven has you covered.
The Oster is also easy to use—thanks to the digital control panel that lets you set the cooking temperature and time accordingly.
There are 7 preset cook modes: toast, bake, broil, convection bake, warm, defrost, and pizza—to take the guesswork out of your cooking.
Additionally, there is also an interior light that comes in handy to check how your pizza is doing without manually lowering the door down. Standard accessories such as a baking pan and a crumb tray are included.
- Convection oven for even heating and baking
- Large interior capacity
- 7 function settings
- Interior light
- Easy to use
- Accessories are easy to clean
- Does not come with an automatic shutoff feature for added safety
7. Panasonic NB-G110P FlashXpress Toaster Oven
- Double Infrared Heating High Efficiency Quartz and Ceramic Infrared Heating Elements are positioned in the front...
- Precise temperature control easily bake piping hot fresh breads and prepared meals, an endless variety of tasty...
- See through glass door the resilient, see through door is connected to the baking rack to smoothly and safely pull...
- Clean compact design: The FlashXpress toaster oven's compact design accents any kitchen décor or countertop. Power...
- Easy to use the flashxpress toaster oven includes a square shape inner tray — a perfect fit for pizza up to 9...
If you’ve less space on your counter and looking for a compact toaster oven, the Panasonic FlashXpress Toaster Oven is the most compact one out there.
This toaster oven has the ‘Double Infrared Heating’ technology, which is hugely popular among buyers.
Not because it evenly browns bread superbly, it also does so record time than most other pop-up toasters or typical toaster ovens.
Our only gripe is that we didn’t expect our toasts to be overly dark that it was supposed to be on the light setting.
The FlashXpress Toaster Oven also includes preset programs for convenience food items such as frozen pizzas and waffles. The reheating function also works pretty well.
However, if you’re looking for a toaster oven to cook or bake, this isn’t the right one for you. The reason is this oven doesn’t offer higher standard temperature settings like 350°F, 375°F, and 450°F, which is a bummer.
When baking, you need to experiment with different temperatures and time, and it’s unfortunate that the FlashXpress toaster oven lack this important feature.
Broiling isn’t an option on this oven, either. However, no preheat is required, and the tiny LED screen displays the remaining cook time in 30-second increments.
There’s also a bright interior light for checking your food cook without opening the door. Standard accessories include an aluminum baking pan.
- Super-fast and even toasting
- Durable, compact size
- Bright interior light
- Removable crumb tray
- Easy to use and clean
- Not fit for baking and cooking
- Lacks broil function
- Toasts are darker than average on “light” setting
Tips On Buying The Best Toaster Oven You Can Get
Price is the first thing most people used to consider when shopping for any kitchen appliance, including toaster ovens.
After all, we all want to get something that’s not only within our budget, but also offers the best value for money.
However, there’s no point in buying a ‘budget’ appliance if it doesn’t work well.
In addition to looking for toasters that are easy to use and offer excellent cooking performance, it’s also necessary that your toasters are easy to clean and maintain.
Here is a list of the essential features to consider when choosing a toaster oven.
Toasters ovens start from as low as $30 to as high as $1,000. Prices of toaster ovens also vary depending on brands and their different features.
If you’re looking for a basic best toaster oven to help with your breakfast—you don’t need to spend hundreds on something with advanced features.
However, a pricier toaster oven, especially an air fryer toaster oven, will have convection settings and other fancy preset cooking modes.
If you like to bake and want the latest and greatest toasting technology, but don’t mind spending a little more money, a high-end toaster oven may be a worthy investment.
Capacity and Size
The size of your toaster will dictate its food capacity and energy consumption.
Before you look at toaster ovens to think about how much food you’ll be able to fit inside, think about how much counter space you have in your kitchen.
Usually, a toaster oven’s capacity and be measured by the number of toast slices or food it can bake. For example, manufacturers will advertise the capacity of the oven like it can toast up to nine slices of toast or defrost 9-inches frozen pizzas.
You won’t see this for a conventional oven, but you’ll toaster oven capacity talked about like this for traditional toaster ovens, air frying toaster ovens, and
For those who intend to use the oven to make toasts for one or two persons or do simple like baking a few cookies, a smaller unit is a better choice.
However, if you’re going to use the oven extensively to bake or cook for the whole family or friends, the best toaster oven for you will be one that can handle 9-12-inch pizzas.
A good toaster oven will come with different cooking functions, primarily toasting, reheating, defrosting, broiling, air frying, and baking.
Each of these cooking functions is tuned for a specific cooking task, as described.
Advanced cooking appliances include additional cook modes that are for specific foods-specific like for a bagel, or pizza, for example.
High-end models include a convection setting, which improves cooking. A convection oven uses a fan and exhaust system that distributes hot air from the heating elements inside the toaster oven resulting in faster and more even cooking. Not essential, but still a nice feature to have.
Most toaster oven models come with standard accessories – a crumb tray, oven rack, and baking pan.
Some toaster ovens have a lot more accessories, depending on its size and price. For example, high-end convection ovens include extra trays and baking pans.
That said, keep in mind that the accessories need cleaning after cooking.
The best toaster ovens will come with removable racks, a removable crumb tray, and other accessories to make the cleaning process more convenient.
Wrapping up with the Best Toaster Oven for baking
No matter whether you’re looking to make baked goods for your family, bake a pizza for friends, make cookies for coworkers, or air fry dinner for yourself, one of the appliances listed above will have what you’re looking for.
Have any questions? Let us know in the comments!