What is the advantage of a Flip Waffle Maker?
Flip or Standard – that is the question. Finding the best right waffle maker can be tough, and you don’t want to play it by luck.
It’s hard to know which waffle maker to choose since there are so many waffle makers on the market.
Nowadays waffle makers flip, rotate, turn around, and just stay there. With our help you can easily find the perfect waffle maker for yourself.
In this article, we’ll compare two excellent waffle makers that do two very different things and then help you decide which one to choose.
How to use a waffle maker that flips
A flip waffle maker is a waffle maker that flips back, rotates, or does some other function designed to spread waffle batter more evenly among the grids.
Although both sides of a waffle maker do heat up, because you pour in batter and because gravity sinks the batter down to the lowest part of the waffle grids right away, this means that that part will begin to be baked first.
Proponents of flip waffle makers say that a flip waffle maker is more likely to ensure a more even cooking of the waffle. This means that it will be less likely to have soft or raw spots and less likely to have burned spots.
What does a standard waffle maker do?
A standard waffle maker is a waffle maker that does not flip or rotate in any way.
A standard waffle maker just sits there and cooks the waffle. At first thought, you might think that this means it’s automatically inferior to a flip waffle maker, not necessarily.
A standard waffle maker that does not flip means it’s more likely to not make a mess during the flip time. Non flip means you also have one less thing to worry about. A flip action part of an appliance is subject to breaking just like a handle or feet can.
Don’t count a non flip waffle maker out!
Some of the best waffle makers are standard non-flip ones that will crank out waffles for years to come.
What are waffle grids or waffle plates?
Waffle plates and/or waffle grids are the actual insides of the waffle maker that you pour batter on. These are the parts that heat up and then actually bake the waffle.
Some waffle grids/plates are removable, some are ceramic, Teflon, aluminum, titanium, or even copper!
Best Flip Waffle Maker – Presto 03510 Ceramic FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker
- Professional-style rotating design with extra-thick grid bakes a 7-inch diameter Belgian waffle with four easy-to-cut sections
- Dual function base assures convenient rotation for baking and locks in a space-saving vertical position for storage
- Countdown timer with digital display signals when time is complete; Brushed stainless steel exterior;
- Nonstick interior easily wipes clean. Care and Cleaning: Hand wash ; 120 Volts AC, 1100 Watts
- Flips 180 degrees to evenly spread batter for waffles that are crispy outside and tender inside. Refer the User manual page .2 below for Timer Instruction and trouble shooting steps
It’s hard to choose whether to go for a flip waffle maker or a standard waffle maker.
Presto Ceramic FlipSide is a Belgian waffle maker that has a professional-style rotating design, which makes this waffle maker a flip one.
You will have the ability to bake extra thick 7-inch diameter Belgian waffles, which have four easy to cut sections.
The dual function will assure convenient rotation during the baking process, but also saves space in a vertical position more efficiently.
A timer will always let you know when the waffle is finished, so you won’t burn waffles anymore, and it’s impossible to forget about them, thanks to the timer.
Brushed stainless steel interior is coated with a non-stick coating that makes cleaning of the interior of the Presto FlipSide Belgian waffle maker a simple process.
In my opinion, the ability to flip the waffle maker is really useful since the waffle batter gets spread more evenly. It also tends to make your waffles crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside – which is something I love, how about you?
For everyone who is dealing with lack of kitchen counter space, a flip waffle maker such as the Presto Ceramic FlipSide Belgian waffle maker is the right choice, since it’s flip ability also means that it can be stored vertically..
- Unique 180° flip designs spread the batter evenly which is the best way to achieve crispy waffle on the outside, while fluffy inside
- Digital countdown timer that will make the baking job easier, and will remove the risk of burning the waffles
- Exterior of the Presto waffle maker is made from a brushed stainless steel exterior which will make it last for long
- Interior has a non-stick coating which will make cleaning the waffle maker after every use, a simple task
- There is no temperature adjustment, which means you’re stuck with only one default temperature of the device
- Plates aren’t removable, which might make the cleaning process less remote
- Digital timer isn’t set in synchronization with the actual waffle maker
Read our in depth review of the Presto 03510 Ceramic FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker.
Best Standard Waffle Maker – Cuisinart WMR-CA Round Classic Waffle Maker
- Dual indicator lights; 5-setting browning control
- Round nonstick cook plate with four quarters
- Stands on end for compact storage. BPA free
- 3-Year warranty
- Voltage-120V Features: Bakes one large traditional-style waffle|Five-setting browning control|Regulating thermostat|Red and green ready to bake/ready to eat indicator lights|Nonstick baking plates|Brushed stainless steel housing|Instruction/Recipe book|Limited 3-year warranty|BPA F
Everyone who loves old classic round waffle makers will probably fall in love with Cuisinart WMR-CA waffle maker. This is a standard waffle maker, which means it does not flip.
Round classic waffle makers might be harder to store for some people who lack some space in the kitchen, however, for everyone who doesn’t mind and wants a standard waffle maker, consider the Cuisinart WMR-CA round classic waffle maker.
The Cuisinart round waffle maker will give you the ability to bake large traditional waffles, with a bunch of new features that will make waffle making process a lot easier.
Browning control adjustment is perfect for everyone who wants to control the color of their waffles. You will have a chance to choose from 5 different settings.
Indicator lights will let you know when the waffle maker is ready for baking, and when the waffle has been baked. There is no chance to burn your waffles ever again!
While you are in the process of baking waffles, you won’t need to worry about the lid at all. It has been made from a weighted material so the lid doesn’t come up as the waffle bakes inside.
Rubber feet will also provide additional security, protecting the waffle maker from sliding on any surface.
Brushed stainless steel covers will make sure that the waffle maker still looks great and fits into your kitchen’s interior even when you aren’t using it. When you decide to store the waffle maker, a cord storage feature will make it easier by wrapping the cord under the waffle maker.
- Five-setting browning control for choosing the wanted waffle browning
- Regulating thermostat which lets you choose desired temperature
- Non-stick baking plates which are removable for easier cleaning access
- Brushed stainless steel housing for a sleek design and look, along with durability
- Indicator lights for an easier baking process
- Recipe book included comes with some good waffle recipes
- Even with the indicator lights, it’s still tricky to get a perfectly baked waffle
- It’s easy to overfill the waffle maker
You can read our in depth review of the Cuisinart Round Classic Waffle Maker.
Wrapping up on why a Flip Waffle Maker might be the best for you
The battle of flip waffle makers versus standard waffle makers might go forever, and in my opinion, it mostly depends on personal preference.
These two waffle makers are proof that both waffle maker types can be good enough and equipped with many modern features that make the waffle making process easier and more efficient.
It might still be hard to choose from these two waffle makers, honestly though, you can’t go wrong with either of these.
Which do you prefer, flip or standard?