All about the Bella Rotating Waffle Maker
A few days ago I was strolling through a local department store in my neighborhood. As is now my custom, I decided to go to the kitchen appliance section and check out the deals.
I was shocked to see a huge table of kitchen appliances on clearance. These products were all advertised as 50% off.
There were two waffle makers that were on clearance along with a lot of coffee machines, toasters, and indoor grills.
The two waffle makers were both Bella rotating waffle makers. One was this regular Bella Rotating Waffle Maker model and the other one was the fancy, copper titanium coated Bella Waffle Maker.
I took pictures of them and decided to see where I could find them cheaper, a Big Lots clearance sale or Amazon.com.
Who will win? Read below!
- BELGIAN WAFFLE MAKER: Enjoy 1" thick restaurant quality Belgian waffles in the comfort of your home! With a high...
- EASY TO USE: This waffle maker's variable browning control dial & rotating feature allow for even & consistent...
- DURABLE & EFFICIENT: This waffle maker has a durable stainless steel design with PFOA-free nonstick coating & a...
- KITCHEN ESSENTIALS: BELLA offers a full range of high-quality products including air fryers, waffle irons,...
- MIX IT UP: The kitchen should be fun. With BELLA It can be. We provide you with quick & convenient kitchen...
Bella Rotating Waffle Maker Features
This is a high quality, stainless steel, efficient waffle iron with superior nonstick cooking plates, browning control, and rotating function capable of quickly cranking out delicious and fluffy Belgian waffles.
Be warned, this is not the American or classic type of waffle. For more info on the difference, read our article on the Belgian vs American/Classic Waffles.
I personally love Belgian waffles better than Classic/American style waffles, but it’s still not for everyone.
This is an easy to use waffle maker that also has a control knob with different browning settings and the signature flip function.
Having a rotating or flip function on a waffle maker is a plus because it helps to ensure that the waffle evenly bakes on both sides. It also has drip tray and folding handle.
When it comes to price, believe it or not, Amazon beats out Big Lots clearance!
Check it’s current price here (currently including free shipping!).
This Bella waffle iron weighs 3.9 pounds. Its dimensions are 13.4 x 9.4 x 7.3 inches and makes Belgian style waffles that are about 7 inches in diameter.
Bella Waffle Maker Pros
- Folds up for easy storage
- Rotating function
- Cool-touch handle
- 9 browning control settings
- Removable drip tray for easy cleaning
- Nonstick feature
- Indicator light shows you when it’s ready
- Delicious BELLA recipes included
- 2 year limited warranty
- User manual available for download at BELLA Housewares
Bella Waffle Maker Cons
- It does NOT come with instructions and can take a while to get used to it
Many of the complaints come from two areas, over/under cooking and waffle batter sticking to the waffle grids.
In order to get around these two problems, you need to do two things.
First, make sure that you give yourself time to learn how to properly use this waffle maker. Just know that it will take 4-5 waffles before you perfect your technique. Every waffle maker is a little different and just because you were able to crank out perfect waffles in your old Oster or Hamilton Beach doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to do that in this Bella, it’ll just take a few tries to get there.
Second, your waffle batter needs plenty of fat in order to not stick. Yes, even nonstick appliances rely on having fat in the batter in order to not stick. It doesn’t matter if this fat is coconut oil or butter, you just need fat.
This Bella Rotating Belgian Waffle Maker boasts 3.8/5 stars on over 400 Customer Reviews on Amazon.
This is a high-quality waffle maker with a great rotating feature that can quickly crank out delicious, Belgian waffles. This is a winning appliance.
There are two other waffle makers that are comparable to this Bella model. They are the Presto FlipSide Ceramic Belgian Waffle Maker and the Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Maker with Removable Plates.
- Included Components: Drains And Serves.
- Fabric Type: Plastic, Stainless Steel
- Bakes extra-thick Belgian waffles in minutes
The Presto FlipSide Waffle Maker is an Easy Kitchen Appliances favorite waffle maker. Still, it’s not an automatic winner against the Bella model.
The Presto features ceramic plates and a sleek black finish, but it’s almost twice the price as the Bella and although it flips back 180 degrees, it doesn’t rotate. This means that flipping back without a drip tray can cause a mess. On the other hand though, having ceramic plates gives it a unique edge.
- Flipping Action Makes Thick, Fluffy Waffles Flipping Waffles During Cooking Makes Them Crispy on the Outside,...
- Nonstick Removable Plates Remove Your Waffle From the Nonstick Plates With No Sticking or Scraping; The Grids...
- Adjustable Browning Control Cook Your Waffle Lighter or Darker, Just the Way You Want It
- Stainless Steel Design Waffle IRON Wipes Down Easily and Has a Modern Look That Will Look Great on Your Countertop
- Easy-Clean Grids and Drip Tray the Grids and Drip Tray Are Removable and Dishwasher-Safe for Simple Cleanup
This Hamilton Beach waffle maker with removable plates is also a great appliance and one that we often recommend. However, it’s also more than double price of the Bella model. And although it has regular, nonstick plates and a rotating feature, its plates are removable, which makes cleaning up super easy.
Wrapping up with the Bella Rotating Waffle Maker
At the end of the day, all of these waffle irons are great appliances and worthy of your consideration. The Bella rotating waffle maker is the least expensive of the three and has some of the same features. If price is your biggest concern, and for many of us it is, then go with the Bella waffle maker.
Another good reason to go with the Bella model is if you’re not sure that you’ll even use a waffle maker and you’d like to try it out for a bit before deciding to spend more money on one.
On the other hand, if you’re looking at models at around $50 or under, then there are better waffle makers than the Bella model.