Looking for the best ceramic waffle maker?
Do your kids love waffles? Or maybe you love to start the day with crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside, perfect Belgian waffle filled with fruit, chocolate, and whipped cream on top.
If this is you, but you’d like to stay away from many of these nonstick or Teflon coated appliances, there are other options.
In this article, we take a look at the best waffle makers with ceramic plates and some other PTFE and PFOA-free waffle makers on the market.
Many people believe that cooking with Teflon can be dangerous.
Once it starts to break down, and then you heat it up during the cooking process, it can be hazardous to your health.
Here’s a brief overview of the Ceramic Waffle Makers we’ll be looking at:
- Presto FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker with Ceramic Nonstick Coating
- Oster DuraCeramic Belgian Waffle Maker
- Chefman Ceramic Waffle Maker
- Oster Titanium Infused DuraCeramic Flip Waffle Maker
- KitchenAid Waffle Baker with CeramaShield Non-stick coating
For more information on whether or not cooking with Teflon is hazardous to your health, read these two articles.
If your family is begging for waffles but you don’t want to take a chance on cooking with Teflon, there are other options!
Although most waffle makers contain Teflon (PTFE and PFOA) non-stick coatings, there are other waffle makers that are non-toxic, and have cast iron or ceramic coating.
Here, we’re going to focus on waffle makers with ceramic coating (which means they’re PTFE and PFOA free).
For more information on cast iron, read this article.
According to the Environmental Working Group (EWG), toxic fumes from the Teflon chemical released from pots and pans while cooking at high temperatures may kill pet birds and cause people to develop flu-like symptoms.
Releasing these fumes isn’t something that’s done easily. It only comes out at extremely high temperatures that are sustained for long periods of time.
Still, it’s not something I want my family to experience when I’m making waffles!
Luckily, in today’s day and age, it’s much easier to find alternatives. Let’s look at some of Easy Kitchen Appliances‘ favorite ceramic waffle makers.
Best Ceramic Waffle Makers
Presto FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker – Best Ceramic Waffle Maker
- Included Components: Drains And Serves.
- Fabric Type: Plastic, Stainless Steel
- Bakes extra-thick Belgian waffles in minutes
Presto FlipSide Waffle Maker Features
The Presto Ceramic Flipside Belgian Waffle Maker is my hands-down favorite pick and the best ceramic waffle maker on the market, at least far as I’m concerned.
This is my personal waffle maker and what I use to may waffles for my family every weekend and I can tell you that it’s a great appliance and the waffle batter never ever gets stuck!
No matter how many waffles you put through it, the ceramic coating won’t flake or peel. It’ll just keep cranking out delicious Belgian waffles day after day.
Although this waffle maker does NOT feature adjustable temperature control, I can tell you that I’ve never burned a waffle with it.
It also does NOT feature removable plates and I honestly thought that that would be a big drawback to it. But to tell you the truth, I haven’t missed having removable plates because things never stick to the waffle grids.
These may not be removable plates, but they’re high quality.
Almost every weekend I make all sorts of types of waffles with different recipes and different ingredients. And this waffle maker continues to crank them out. Waffles NEVER get stuck to the ceramic coating.
There is the occasional chocolate chip or Reese’s pieces that sticks as it melts, but I just wipe it off with a moist paper towel.
Looking at doing some adventurous waffle cooking? I recently waffled donuts and made Doffles (Donuts + Waffles). Nothing stuck to the ceramic waffle coating!
The ceramic non-stick coating is easy to clean, won’t flake or peel, and ensures perfect waffles that are delicious, don’t stick, and best of all, free from hazardous chemicals.
- The Number 1 selling waffle maker on Amazon!
- Impeccable Durability
- Brushed stainless steel exterior
- Easy to clean Non-stick surface
- Natural Ceramic coating
- Countdown Timer
- Makes extra thick Belgian style waffles
- Flip design goes back 180 degrees
- 4.6/5 stars on over 4,000 Waffle Maker Reviews!
It’s not all fun and games with the Presto, believe it or not, it does have some downsides!
- No on/off switch
- No removable plates
- No browning control
- No temperature settings
- Not dishwasher safe
- No digital display
Read an in-depth Easy Kitchen Appliances review of the Presto FlipSide Waffle Maker.
Oster CKSTWF1502-ECO DuraCeramic Belgian Waffle Maker
- Belgian waffle maker with titanium-infused DuraCeramic nonstick coating lasts 8x longer than ordinary nonstick...
- Natural, PTFE- and PFOA-free ceramic coating won't flake or peel and cleans easily
- Cooks up to 30% faster to save time and energy
- Adjustable temperature control lets you make light and fluffy or crispy waffles
- Polished chrome housing for an elegant design
Oster DuraCeramic Waffle Maker Features
This Oster Dura-Ceramic Waffle Maker is one of the legendary waffle makers on the market. It’s a high-quality waffle maker that’s also affordable and well known.
This has some unique features that the Presto and others don’t have.
It’s no doubt though, that cooking will be a breeze with this waffle iron.
Not only does it feature a proprietary blend called DuraCermaic (which is basically just a safe ceramic coating for Oster appliances), but it also has adjustable temperature control, indicator lights, and a countdown timer.
Best of all, its durable ceramic coating allows it to last longer than other waffle makers while cooking waffles 20% faster!
- Cooks waffles 20% faster
- Ceramic plates are super easy to clean
- Ceramic nonstick coating
- Lasts four times longer than average
- Adjustable temperature control
- Countdown timer
- Indicator lights
Read an Easy Kitchen Appliances in-depth review of the Oster Duraceramic Waffle Maker.
Chefman RJ03-4S-CM 4 Slice Ceramic Waffle Maker
- Ceramic coating for healthier cooking
- Healthy Living recipe book included
- Durable and scratch resistant
- Cleans quickly and easily
- PTFE and PFOA free
Chefman 4 Slice Ceramic Waffle Maker Features
- Eco Friendly nonstick ceramic coated waffle plates
- PTFE and PFOA free nonstick plates make this waffle iron easy to clean
- Makes 4 square-shaped waffles at a time
- Classic Waffle Maker
- Adjustable temperature control
- Indicator light
- It includes a recipe book and also includes access to ClubChefman.com for recipes, and tutorials
This is a high-quality waffle maker that will crank out a delicious classic waffle in just a couple of minutes. Classic waffles are also known as traditional waffles, as opposed to large and thick Belgian waffles.
This waffle iron has a nonstick coating that is ceramic and therefore will produce crispy waffles in no time at all.
Oster Titanium Infused DuraCeramic Flip Waffle Maker
- Flip waffle maker with titanium-infused DuraCeramic nonstick coating lasts 8x longer than standard nonstick...
- Natural, PTFE- and PFOA-free ceramic coating won't flake or peel and cleans easily
- Cooks up to 30% faster, saving time and energy
- Simple flip operation for evenly cooked waffles
- Adjustable temperature control for light and fluffy or crispy waffles
Oster DuraCeramic Flip Waffle Maker Features
- Signature Dura-Ceramic coating that is titanium infused
- Rotating Design – Flip Feature
- Stainless steel exterior
- PFOA and PTFE free
- Belgian waffle maker
- Easy to clean
- Stores in a vertical position
The Oster Titanium Infused DuraCeramic non-stick coatings on this waffle maker is a signature technology for Oster Waffle makers and brings remarkable benefits for its users. The difference between this Oster and the other one on this list is that this one has the flip feature.
The flip features along with adjustable temperature control give you evenly cooked Belgian waffles every time.
Best of all, the coating on this Ceramic Belgian Waffle Maker is PTFE and PFOA free.
This coating allows you to enjoy your waffles without any worries. It’s also easy to wipe clean and the appliance stores vertically for space-saving storage. And best of all, it cooks your waffles up to 30% faster!
This Oster is one of the best waffle makers on the market.
KitchenAid KWB110OB Waffle Baker with CeramaShield Non-stick Coating
- Baker produces two 7 1/2-inch diameter by 1 1/4 inch thick waffles
- Double-sided, clamshell baking unit flips to provide uniform waffles with superb consistency
- Stainless Steel and Die Cast Metal Construction
- Constant Baking Temperature
- Non-stick waffle plates
KitchenAid Ceramic Waffle Maker features
- Cooks two waffles at the same time
- Ceramic non-stick coatings on its plates
- Overbake indicator
- Temperature controls
- Easy to clean
- Automatic shutoff
If you’re looking to take your waffles to the next level, consider the KitchenAid Waffle Iron. It’s a professional-style ceramic waffle iron that bakes two Belgian waffles at a time on its ceramic nonstick coated waffle plates.
It has a preheat indicator, overbake indicator, digital display timer, and automatic shutoff.
This KitchenAid waffle maker is similar to other KitchenAid products in that it does its job excellently, but man does it come with a hefty price tag!
It’s one of the most expensive waffle makers I’ve ever seen and honestly, because of that reason alone, I just can’t recommend it!
If you currently have many other KitchenAid products and you feel like you need this ceramic waffle maker in order to complete your collection, then I guess you can go ahead and order it, but there are other waffle makers that do a better job for a lower price.
The Best Ceramic Waffle Maker
The ceramic waffle makers mentioned above aren’t just good ceramic waffle makers, they’re good waffle makers no matter what you’re looking for. You can’t go wrong with any of the waffle makers we mentioned.
All of these waffle makers are designed to provide you with years of delicious, nontoxic waffles. Although their plates are ceramic, they’re many times more durable than Teflon plates and will last much longer.
If we had to rank the choices above, I think I would put them in the following order.
1. Presto 03510 FlipSide Ceramic Waffle Maker- 4.5/5 stars
I rated the Presto Ceramic FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker number one because it’s one of the most reviewed and most purchased waffle makers on Amazon. That’s a pretty big deal!
2. Oster Duraceramic Eco Flip Waffle Maker – 4.2/5 stars
Oster is an incredible brand and the flip feature ensures even cooking and the Duraceramic non-stick coating means it’s safe. Don’t get me wrong, you can’t go wrong with this Oster titanium-infused waffle iron. It’ll crank out waffles for years to come, and the Oster brand is one that inspires confidence.
3. Oster Duraceramic Waffle Maker – 4/5 stars
Nothing wrong with this, just prefer the flip one! A flip operation waffle iron with a rotary feature will spread out waffle batter more evenly among the cooking plates and therefore result in waffles that are baked better, especially if you use various toppings. Again, the Oster brand with its Duraceramic non-stick coating inspires confidence and although I prefer the flip Oster waffle maker, this one will do just fine.
4. Chefman 4 Slice Ceramic Waffle Maker- 3.5/5 stars
There is nothing wrong at all with this Chefman 4 Slice Ceramic Waffle Maker. This is a good kitchen appliance that will last and do what it’s supposed to do, make waffles.
The only reason it’s toward the bottom of this list is because this is a list of All-Star appliances, and there just wasn’t anything out of the box or unique that this waffle iron brought to the picture (aside from the non-stick ceramic coating).
Still, there’s nothing wrong with it and if you decide to buy it, it’ll be a good purchase!
5. KitchenAid Ceramic Waffle Maker- 2/5 stars
Sorry not sorry, it’s just too expensive!
Although the KitchenAid Ceramic Waffle Maker is known to be a high-quality product, and although KitchenAid is one of the world’s most coveted brands (mainly because of their standing mixers),
I just couldn’t get past the price. It does have a non-stick ceramic coating on the cooking surface, which means it won’t flake or peel like waffle irons with Teflon do. Still, this waffle iron is just too expensive.
Other worthy mentions for ceramic waffle makers
- Special Ceramic Copper Titanium coating is 8 times more durable and cooks up to 30% faster than standard non-stick...
- Ultra durable coating is heat resistant up to 850 degrees and metal utensil safe
- Heathly-Eco coating does not contain harmful chemicals & is PTFE and PFOA free
- Enjoy 1" thick crisp and fluffy belgian waffles at home in minutes. True non-stick coating allows you to use any...
- Rotating function gives you even crips and fluffy waffles everytime while making it easy to store
- No more messy drips
- Make whole waffles or break into 8 sticks
- Nonstick grids for easy cleanup
- Power on and ready lights
- Cup nests for storage
I’d like to specifically mention the Hamilton Beach Flip waffle maker. This is another one with waffle plates that are ceramic (and therefore nonstick and easy to clean) and its flip feature ensures even cooking. You can’t go wrong with it!
Final Thoughts on the Best Ceramic Waffle Maker
Over the last year, I’ve updated this article a number of times to reflect advancements in technology regarding Teflon, specifically PFOA.
If you’re still currently using Teflon (which is the standard non-stick coating) in your cookware and appliances, I urge you to switch over to a different nonstick surface as soon as possible.
More and more is coming to light regarding Teflon’s danger to humans.
This article contains numerous ceramic waffle makers that are not only non-toxic and Teflon-free but are genuinely some of the highest rated waffle makers that will do a good job for years to come.
Again, these are all great appliances, but my personal favorite is the one that I’ve kept for a few years now.
It’s the Presto FlipSide.
I love it because although it doesn’t have many of the bells and whistles of other waffle makers, it’s affordable, it’s durable, it’s easy to clean, it’s easy to use, and best of all, its ceramic-coated waffle grids will keep my family safe!
It really doesn’t matter which of these ceramic-coated waffle makers you choose from the list above, they will all do a great job and deliver you and your family delicious waffles that happen to be non-toxic.
Do you have one of these best ceramic waffle makers? What do you think?