In a hurry? Our top choice for the best Blackstone Griddle is the Blackstone 1554 4 Burner Flat Top Propane Gas Griddle. Its 36 inches of size, side shelves, large cooking surface, and a high number of satisfied customers make it our top choice.
Best Blackstone Griddles on the market
Blackstone griddles are one of the most versatile and user-friendly cooking appliances on the market.
Whether you’re whipping up a quick breakfast or preparing a gourmet meal, a Blackstone griddle can help you get the job done.
One of the main benefits of a Blackstone griddle is that it allows you to cook multiple items at once.
With separate temperature controls for each half of the griddle, you can easily cook eggs on one side while bacon sizzles on the other.
Blackstone griddles also come equipped with a convenient grease management system, making cleanup a breeze.
So if you’re looking for an appliance that can do it all, a Blackstone griddle is a great option to consider.
If you’re looking for the best Blackstone griddle on the market right now, this article is for you.
We’ll look at our top choices first, and then talk through Blackstone griddle features that you need to watch out for.
Top 6 Blackstone Grills Reviews
Blackstone 1554 36″ Outdoor Griddle with Side Shelves – Best Overall Blackstone Griddle
- Rear grease - Blackstone has updated the grease Management on this unit. All units now have newly improved rear grease Management. You may receive a rear grease or a front grease drain.
- Replace your standard grill - replace your grill or BBQ with a Blackstone griddle and never look back! This Blackstone grill is simple to use and easy to assemble, so you'll be cooking in no time. Eliminate the hassle of kerosene, charcoal, and matches; this grill includes an easy start, battery-powered push-button ignition. With the simple push of a button, your griddle is ready to go! Take the headache away from outdoor cooking and spend more time enjoying the outdoors
- Restaurant style cooking - with 720sq inches of cooking space, This griddle is perfect for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Cook eggs, pancakes, quesadillas, grilled cheese, steak, Potatoes, Teppanyaki-style foods, and more. Also, enjoy a bottom shelf and two side shelves for food storage and prep
- Controllable heat zones - four independently controlled 15, 000 BTU stainless Steel burners make a total of 60, 000 BTUs controlled low to high for versatile cooking options. Propane fueled by a standard 20lb tank with accommodating tank storage tucked nicely under the left side shelf
- Durability and longevity - this Blackstone grill is built to last with a powder coated Black steel frame, stainless steel burners and thick cold rolled steel cooktop. Super simple to clean, making post-meal cleanup a bre
Blackstone 1650 Tabletop Propane Fuelled 17-inch Portable Gas Griddle – Best Blackstone Grill for portability
- Convenient and portable - this portable grill is built with an easy to use electric igniter, uses convenient 1 pound propane tank for fuel, and has a built-in grease catcher. Perfect for camping, Tailgating, Road trips, hunting, and everyday outdoor use
- Easy to store - simply store the griddle top upside down on top of the griddle body After use to save space
- No hassle cleanup - Blackstone makes cleanup a breeze with this tabletop gas Griddle; simply wipe it off with a paper towel. No fuss cooking allows you more time to enjoy the outdoors
- Large cooking surface - This premium Blackstone griddle offers 260 square inches (15.25in x 17in) of heavy-duty griddle surface for versatility and durability
- Fast and even heating - this grill has a stainless Steel H Burner that heats up fast! The H Shape offers even heat distribution and Fast cooking with a 12, 000 BTU heat out
Blackstone Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle 28 inch – Best Standalone Budget Blackstone Griddle
- RESTAURANT STYLE COOKING - With 470sq inches of flat top cooking space, This Blackstone Griddle is perfect for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Cook eggs, pancakes, quesadillas, grilled cheese, steak, potatoes, Teppanyaki-style foods, and more. Also, enjoy a bottom shelf and two side shelves for food storage and prep
- REPLACE YOUR STANDARD GRILL - Replace your BBQ grill with a Blackstone griddle and never look back! This grill is simple to use and easy to assemble, so you'll be cooking in no time. Eliminate the hassle of kerosene, charcoal, and matches; this grill includes an easy start, battery-powered push-button ignition. With the simple push of a button, your griddle is ready to go! Take the headache away from backyard cooking and spend more time enjoying the outdoors
- TRANSPORT WITH EASE - Easily wheel around your yard or transport from your backyard to the campsite thanks to the removable griddle top, fold-up legs, and four industrial strength caster wheels. Built with removable griddle top, foldable legs, and two wheels.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - If you are not completely satisfied at any point please feel free to contact Blackstone directly or return the product. Blackstone is a leader in the outdoor cooking and stands behind their product, guaranteeing your satisfaction
Blackstone 22-inch Tabletop Griddle – Best budget portable Blackstone Griddle
- Make your outdoor adventures a delicious affair with Blackstone 22 tabletop griddle. This portable griddle has everything you need to whip up a smorgasbord of eggs, crunchy hash browns, crispy bacon, and fluffy pancakes all at the same time.
- Portable convenience: Whether you are cooking in your backyard or out in nature, make sure to take this lightweight, versatile flat top griddle with you. Thanks to the compact size, you can carry it for barbecue get-togethers, tailgating, fishing, pool parties, and more.
- Cook for one, cook for all: 339 Sq. inch cooking surface and 24,000 BTUs of heat mean all your cooking challenges will be met quickly. The large space of our outdoor griddle is perfect for cooking eggs, hash browns, bacon, French toast, and other things yum!
- Powerful stainless steel burners for even heat: This heavy-duty griddle is powered by two H-style burners that ensure optimal heat distribution and even cooking. Both the burners feature built-in igniters and can be controlled independently, allowing you to cook food at different temperatures.
- Innovative grease management system: If you plan on cooking bacon or any other juicy meats, clean-up can be tedious. Luckily, our heavy-duty flat griddle features a rear grease trap that collects all the mess and makes clean up a breeze
Blackstone 1939 17-inch Griddle – Best Standalone Portable Blackstone Griddle
- COOK YOUR FAVORITE MEALS IN WOODS OR THE ON PATIO with Blackstone On the Go 17 Inch Portable Griddle. It is the perfect portable cooking station, whether you want to cook in your backyard, neighborhood park, or away from the hustle and bustle of your city.
- CONVENIENT FEATURES: Our flat top griddle features a hood that can be used to protect the griddle from the elements or speed up the cooking process. The small side table doubles as a prep area to keep your cooking essentials within reach and organized.
- QUICK, CONSISTENT & EVEN COOKING: Equipped with a powerful stainless steel burner that produces 12500 BTUs of heat to warm up the cooking surface almost instantly. The “H” style burner of our stainless steel griddle spreads the heat evenly and prevents hot or cold spots.
- TAKE IT WHEREVER YOUR ADVENTURE ITCH TAKES YOU: Compact size, our camping griddle has a fold-and-go design that easily fits in your car to cook a delicious meal in the wilderness. The sturdy and adjustable legs ensure stability on every terrain.
- INNOVATIVE GREASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: If you plan on cooking bacon or any other juicy meat, clean up can be tedious. Luckily, our flat top griddle features a rear grease trap that collects all the mess and makes clean up a breeze
Blackstone Tailgater Stainless Steel 2 Burner Portable Gas Grill and Griddle Combo – Best Multifunction Blackstone Griddle
- PORTABLE - The perfect tailgater grill and griddle for any event. Easy portable setup, almost no assembly required, ready to use in seconds. Take it to the park for an afternoon cookout or take it into the woods for a long-term camping trip. The easily adjustable legs will be stable on uneven ground and make setup a breeze.
- VERSATILE – enjoy several different setup combinations. Utilize the grill box and griddle at the same time or easily remove both and use the two open burners for pots/pans. You can also keep the grill or the griddle on and have one open burner… so many options! With a gas grill and/or griddle, you can cook and barbecue however you want, and enjoy cooking a variety of food on one easy-to-use tailgater combo.
- DURABLE - Built to last this Blackstone grill includes a heavy-duty grill box with vent, handle and durable cast iron grill grates plus a cold rolled steel griddle plate and the whole unit has a strong powder coat finish.
- TWO BURNERS – two independently controlled burners (1 stainless steel H tube burner and one cast iron burner). The H tube burner can put out 15,000 BTUs and the cast iron burner can produce 20,000 BTUs.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - if you are not completely satisfied at any point please feel free to contact Blackstone directly or return the product. Blackstone stands behind their product and guarantees your satisfaction
Blackstone Griddle Buying Guide
Blackstone grills are a popular choice for cooking outdoors, and for good reason. They offer more versatile cooking than barbecue grills do.
For example, you can cook burgers, steak, fried rice, fried eggs, pancakes, bacon, or French toast on your Blackstone grill.
Without a griddle surface or a cast iron pan, you can’t cook most of that on a traditional BBQ grill. You can do the burgers, steak, and maybe bacon, and that’s about it.
That’s why Blackstone gas flat top griddles are so popular and increase in popularity every year.
Not only are they versatile in cooking food, offer different cooking zones, and can make you look good no matter how bad your cooking skills are! Many are portable, which makes them great for camping, glamping, or RVs.
Blackstone grills evenly distribute heat, making them ideal for cooking anything from pancakes to burgers.
They’re also easy to clean, which is an important consideration when cooking outside because you’ll probably want to spend time enjoying the outdoors instead of behind an outdoor grill.
When choosing a Blackstone griddle, there are a few things to keep in mind.
First, consider the size of the griddle. Blackstone griddles come in a variety of sizes, so choose one that will fit your needs.
Second, think about the features you want in a Blackstone griddle. Blackstone griddles come with a variety of features, such as side shelves and a built-in grease channel. Choose the features that are most important to you.
Finally, consider your budget. Blackstone griddles range in price from around $100 to $500, so choose the one that fits your budget.
By following these simple tips, you’ll be sure to find the perfect Blackstone griddle for your needs.
Heat or BTU rating
Blackstone grills come in a variety of sizes and heat ratings.
The heat rating is measured in British Thermal Units, or BTUs.
The higher the BTU rating, the hotter the griddle will be. Blackstone grills with a higher BTU rating are perfect for cooking items like steaks and burgers that need to be seared at a high temperature.
Lower BTU gas griddles are better for items that require slower cooking, such as pancakes or eggs.
Typically, higher is better. Because you can always go low, but when your burner has a max BTU rating, it won’t go higher than that.
When you see Blackstone grills that offer more than one burner, it means that you can have different temperature zones.
A cooking surface is just how much space you can cook on. This is usually measured in square inches. Most people say that the larger the better. However, you have to remember that a larger cooking area means a larger griddle.
A larger griddle might be great for a large gathering or a large family, but it’ll be diffiult to move around.
Stainless Steel Burners
The number of burners is what actually heats up and cooks your food.
Some Blackstone grills might have four stainless steel burners or one. Whether the griddle your looking for has multiple burners or just one, it’ll matter for a few reasons.
The higher the number of burners, the more expensive outdoor griddles are. More burners also mean a larger cooking area and adjustable heat controls.
The BTU output on the burners is also importable because it’ll give you the high heat necessary to quickly cook your food.
All Blackstone griddles will have the heating power and enough heat retention needed to cook food.
However, only those with three or four burners (independent burners) will give you the power you need for all of your cooking tasks.
Weight – Portability
This is a straightforward category.
When looking at Blackstone grills, do you want to be able to move it easily? Do you need it in an RV? Do you want to take it camping or to the beach? Do you want to tailgate with it?
If so, you’ll have to make the choice between one burner with a small (and highly portable) propane bottle or one with four burners and a large propane tank.
When looking at a Blackstone Griddle Buying Guide – durability isn’t something you’ll have to worry about. Your new grill will be ready to go and stay working well for years to come.
How to clean your Blackstone griddle
Since the cooking area of a Blackstone griddle is made with cold-rolled steel, cleaning it is a breeze.
It also helps that the rear grease system collects all the grease and makes the cooking area easy to clean up.
To clean it up after use, simply pour some water on the cooking area and scrap any stuck on food witha metal spatula. Then wipe it dry with a paper towel.
The stainless steel construction means that it won’t rust and you don’t have to be gentle with it. Scrap away!
One metal spatula or nylon scouring pad and a roll of paper towels is all you need to keep your Blackstone griddle clean and looking good.
Blackstone grills are constructed from stainless steel, alloy, feature a stainless steel front plate, and a cold-rolled steel cooking surface.
Need to move it around? Some are either tabletop or have large swivel caster wheels.
Price – Is a Blackstone Griddle worth the money?
This is a griddle that you can pretty much cook anything on.
An electric ignition and ndependent burners allow you to crank up the heat, and allow maximum heat retention.
Whether it’s a large griddle with a propane tank, four burners, and adjustable heat zones, or a small griddle with one burner and a propane bottle, your Blackstone griddle will serve you well for years to come.
Final Thoughts – Wrapping up with the Best Blackstone Griddle
A Blackstone Griddle is a great outdoor cooking solution. Whether you want to take it camping, to the beach, on a road trip, or just in your patio, a Blackstone griddle is a great buy.