In a hurry? Our top choice for the best mini toaster oven is the Panasonic FlashXpress Small Toaster Oven. Its durability, features, and price make it our top pick.
Looking for the best small toaster oven that won’t break the bank? You’ve come to the right place!
Toaster ovens are indispensable appliances for kitchens. Whether you’re toasting bread for breakfast, reheating leftovers, melting cheese on a pizza, or simply baking a few cookies—a toaster oven can do it all.
Today’s toaster ovens, whether they’re big or small, can toast, cook, or bake faster and better than any time before. The stores are inundated with a huge variety of models and picking the right toaster oven that best suits your needs and budget can be quite tough.
That’s where we can help. In this buying guide, we will be talking about the best mini toaster ovens. We reviewed some of the highly-rated and popular models that offer the best balance of cooking performance and value.
Here are our top picks for best mini toaster ovens ranked, in order:
6 Best Toaster Ovens for your small kitchen
1. Panasonic FlashXpress Small Toaster Oven NB-G110P
- A Compact, Easy-to-Use Oven Toaster: Toast, bake, brown, and reheat to perfection, no preheat required—two...
- Six 1-Touch Controls: Six preset cooking functions for the foods you love, plus reheat, defrost, and more, so that...
- For So Much More than Just Toast: A compact toaster oven that makes meals, snacks, and sides perfectly using a...
- Safety Features: Toaster ovens baking rack is connected to the oven door to smoothly pull the rack toward you as...
- Compact, Attractive Design that Fits Anywhere: The FlashXpress toaster unique design and small footprint is perfect...
We highly recommend the Panasonic FlashXpress to anyone looking for a small, yet well-performing countertop toaster oven. This oven has good build-quality with stainless steel housing, intuitive control, and fast cooking functions.
If you want a small toaster oven that has everything you need without spending too much, this oven is for you!
The Panasonic FlashXpress is mini size, and due to its size, it can only toast 4-slice of bread. So, it’s not a complete replacement for your full-sized oven. Besides, if you’re thinking of using this for cooking your daily meals, you’ll be off with something else.
Nevertheless, it works well and cooks food 40 % faster without impacting the food quality. This toaster oven also has several cooking modes: toast, waffles, bagels, pizza, rolls, hash browns slices of bread, leftovers, and much more.
More impressively, this is one of the few toaster ovens that use both quartz and ceramic heating elements resulting in no preheating time.
Turn it on and set the temperature, and put your food inside, and you’re good to go. The interior can be easily cleaned with a wet cloth.
However, there are some shortcomings—there is no ‘cancel’ button. So, once you press the button of a specific cooking setting, you’re stuck in that mode. Not a big deal, but it can be quite troublesome for some people.
- Super-fast cooking
- Bright interior light
- Easy to use and clean
- Limited use
- No broiling capability
2. Breville Small Toaster Oven BOV450XL
- The Breville Mini Smart Oven with Element iQ System is for the cook who desires a countertop oven that bakes the...
- ELEMENT iQ SYSTEM: Using 4 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and when it's needed...
- 8 COOKING FUNCTIONS: Super versatile mini smart oven with 8 cooking functions to guide you to perfection: Toast,...
- SMALL CAPACITY: The 16.1 x 14.2 x 10.4 inch interior fits 4 slices of toast, bagels, cookies, tuna melts, 6 cup...
- LCD DISPLAY: LCD display to more easily access the built in smart functionality, choose from 8 cooking functions
If you’re looking for a small toaster oven of high-quality product, outstanding performance with an affordable price tag that comes with excellent after-sale service, the Breville Small Toaster Oven is the way to go!
This oven from Breville is smart and well-built too. The exterior housing is stainless steel with a glossy finish that not only makes it rigid but also gives it a premium look.
Besides, the interior of the oven is non-stick, allowing for easy cleaning. The oven features 8 preset cooking functions for a variety of foods, including toast, bagels, bake, broil, roast, pizza, and cookies.
The interior is very spacious for a mini toaster, and you can comfo
rtably accommodate 4 slices of toast, one 11-inch pizza, 5 potatoes, a 9×9 square pan, or a small batch of cookies.
The Breville is small but packs incredible power under its hood. It is an 800 watts oven with Element IQ technology that distributes the heat inside the oven more evenly.
The oven can also adjust the power of the heating elements for optimal results automatically.
There is also an easy-read LCD screen that displays the cooking time and temperature. Other excellent features include a timer that automatically turns off the oven when it reaches the desired setting.
The only gripe we had with this unit is that it gets hot when in operation, so we advise you not to store this oven under a low wall cabinet. Overall, a good oven with excellent performance.
- Reasonable price
- Powder-coated steel housing
- The interior has a non-stick coating
- Fast and efficient cooking
- The exterior heats up during cooking
3. Hamilton Beach 31126 Convection Toaster Oven
- Easy access to food and countertop, easy to clean food can’t spill on door
- Bake, broil & toast functions, convection circulates air for faster, even cooking, removable crumb tray
- 30 minute timer with ready bell and optional stay-on setting
- Includes bake pan and bake rack with two rack positions
- Fits a 9 x 11 inches bake pan, 12 inches pizza, or 6 slices of toast, dimensions (H x W x D) 9.41 x 18.74 x 15.24...
The Hamilton Beach is a cleverly-designed oven that is well-received for its simplistic looks. It is probably not the most affordable option out there but performs better than many ovens at this price level.
The oven delivers class-leading toasting and baking. It may lack some of the standard features found in high-end models such as preset cooking functions and digital controls and preset cooking functions.
It also heats evenly and quickly and uses less energy as well.
This Hamilton oven also takes up less space in your counter. Its cavity is spacious enough to accommodate four slices of bread or a 12-inch frozen pizza.
There are manual knobs for adjusting the time and temperature, which ranges from 150°F to 450°F. The oven has four cooking modes: toast, broil, roast, bake, and there’s also a timer bell function to let alert when your food is ready.
The major drawback to this unit is, it lacks a robust spring mechanism to prevent the door from falling when it is fully opened. So, keep that in mind when you’re using this oven.
It’s also worth noting this oven doesn’t do much browning when broiling. That is expected given the fact this is an affordable, no-frills oven.
Plus, the heating element of this oven is so powerful that it makes some parts of the oven too hot to touch during cooking.
Nonetheless, this oven from Hamilton has everything you’ll need for an enjoyable cooking experience in the long run, and we highly recommend it.
- Compact design
- Fast and even toasting
- Easy to use and clean
- Safe-open top
- Removable crumb tray
- Mediocre timer (only goes to 30 minutes)
- The convection fan is loud
4. Cuisinart Small Toaster Oven TOB-195
- 6-slice convection toaster oven broiler with 0.6-cubic-foot capacity
- Pizza/bake, broil, toast, and convection; bagel, reheat, and defrost buttons
- Shade control with heat sensor maintains precise oven temperature
- Electronic touchpad controls; clock and oven timers; easy-to-clean interior
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
The Cuisinart TOB-195 is a simple, straightforward countertop oven that is convection capable and suits perfectly for individuals, families, or couples with limited cooking space. It is small, yet very functional, a feature-rich oven that adds a modern touch to any kitchen.
This unit from Cuisinart has a clean and modern feel—thanks to its high-quality stainless steel housing and bar handle.
It also features a useful shade control with a heat sensor that helps maintain precise temperatures. There are a variety of cooking options that cater to every lifestyle and meal type.
The interior space is decent and easy to clean and can easily handle up to 6 slices of toast or a 12-inch pizza. The oven toasts pretty well and evenly browns on both sides without affecting food’s flavor.
The oven’s stainless steel ensures that the food will cook faster, saving on your energy expenses and time. It will turn off automatically when the cooking or toasting is finished to prevent your food from burning.
Other useful features of this oven include such a two-position oven rack with safety stop features, intuitive touchpad controls, and a slide-out crumb tray. The crumb tray is super easy to empty and clean.
Even though this is one of the competitively-priced ovens in the market, not everything is fine and dandy. For example, there is no light inside, which comes in handy to keep tabs on the food.
Another drawback is despite there is sufficient insulation on the top and sides of the oven, they can get too hot to touch during use. Other gripes include the crumb tray, which easily slides out too far, even there is a heavy dish on it.
Nonetheless, the Cuisinart TOB-195 is one of the most reliable, durable, and convenient toaster ovens from Cuisinart with some unique perks that you quickly find on other ovens.
- Easy to clean interior
- Spacious interior for its size
- Automatic shutoff function
- Useful, intuitive controls
- Durable, and well-made
- Easy to use
- The exterior heats up even at low temperatures
- The crumb tray slides out easily
- Lack of interior light
5. Oster 4-Slice Toaster Oven TSSTTVVG01
- Compact 4-slice toaster oven is perfect for small spaces
- Dual dial controls to toast, bake, and broil
- Wide temperature range of 150 to 450 degrees F and 30-minute timer with toast shade settings
- 2 rack positions to accommodate a wide variety of foods from tall roasts to pizza
- Includes removable crumb tray and durable baking pan
The Oster 4-Slice Toaster Oven is one of the shortest models by Oster. With its silver accents and black finish and energy-efficient operation, this toaster oven is more than what meets the eyes.
The oven has a beautiful vintage look with the rounded curves and looks like an appliance from the 1950s. The point is if you want a toaster oven that will look great in any kitchen, this is a great option.
This Oster toaster oven has a spacious interior that can fit in up to four slices of bread at a time (hence its name). You can also broil fish and bake a veggie casserole, and much more.
It’s also simple to use and has two manual dials on the right to control manually. The dials ensure precise and straightforward operation. Want to toast or bake something? Put food in, turn the dials, and wait.
The first dial enables setting the baking temperature up to 450°F. If you want to toast bread, turn the dial to “Toast” mode, and if you’re going to broil, position it to the “Broil” mode.
The second dial is used to set the timer for up to 30 minutes. You can also choose the toast shade settings from light to dark. For continuous cooking, turn the dial to the “Stay-On” position.
Other useful characteristics of this oven are the adjustable rack that can be placed in two positions. It allows you to accommodate different types of foods from tall roasts to pizza.
The door is a see-through glass making it easy for you to glance at your food items when cooking. The handle doesn’t get hot during cooking, so you don’t have to worry about getting a burn when opening and closing the door.
Included with this bread toaster and oven are an easy-to-clean, removable, crumb tray and a durable baking pan.
Overall, the Oster 4-Slice Toaster Oven performs well both in terms of design and performance and makes a useful addition to any kitchen.
- Compact with a vintage design
- Easy-to-use control dials
- Easy to clean
- Good toasting, baking, and broiling performance
- Two rack positions
- Durable baking pan
- The handle doesn’t get hot
- It takes longer to heat than the other toaster ovens
- Lackluster crumb tray
6. Hamilton Beach 2-in-1 Oven
- 2 in 1 combination: Do more in less space with this countertop oven. Bake, broil, and toast by easily switching...
- Toast 40 percent faster: The 2 in 1 toaster oven toasts breads 40 percentage faster than the leading toaster oven,...
- Spacious interior: With 2 rack positions and a large interior that fits a 9 inch pizza, this toaster oven is...
- Separate shade selector: 2 in 1 toaster oven gives you more control so you can reach the perfect level of golden...
- 60 Minute timer with auto shutoff: Set toaster oven timer up to 60 minutes with peace of mind. The auto shutoff...
The Hamilton Beach Oven is the ultimate 2-in-1 appliance if you want to de-clutter your kitchen.
This compact toaster is capable of making golden brown toasts or bake pizzas with crispy crusts faster than other models.
This toaster can toast bread slices 24% faster than other leading toaster ovens in its class. The Hamilton Toastation Oven is also energy-efficient, using 73% less energy than a conventional oven.
Just slide the lever to switch the toaster to oven, making it perfect for preparing meals for guests in a rush. This compact toaster and mini oven come with easy-to-use Temperature controls, an automatic toaster shutoff, and a toast shade selector.
Despite its sleek design and compact size, this 2-in-1 toaster oven from Hamilton has a spacious interior. It can accommodate two 16-inch pizza slices, two regular pizzas, chicken nuggets, chicken breasts, sandwiches, fries, and more.
The toaster has an extra-wide 1.5-inch bread slot that can easily fit the halves of a bagel or English muffin. The toaster oven has enough space for baking pizza, reheating chicken nuggets, and more.
The oven also has a removable crumb tray which makes cleaning easy. The crumb tray slides out effortlessly, and cleaning is easy.
It also includes a baking pan. The glass door allows you to check your food cook without opening the door.
- Compact 2-in-1 design
- Easy switching cooking modes
- Automatic toaster shutoff
- Can fit two 16″ pizza slices
- Fast toasting, reheating, and baking
- Energy efficient
- Extra-wide 1.5-inch slots
- Easy to clean the crumb tray
- Lackluster build quality
- The oven compartment feels tiny and low
- The slots aren’t long enough for two large slices of bread
- No interior light
Benefits Of Small Toaster Ovens
The benefits of owning small toasters oven are many. Here are my top four:
There is no actual need to buy a separate microwave and a conventional oven for your everyday cooking and baking needs. Small toaster ovens can accomplish those needs efficiently.
Most toaster ovens have all the bells and whistles of it to perform all the basic oven tasks. Toaster ovens today are innovative, a multi-purpose appliance that can deliver quick, hassle-free cooking reliably.
Small toaster ovens, as the name suggests, are small. Hence they require less countertop space and are also easier to move around. It’s worth mentioning that simply because a toaster is small doesn’t mean that it has forfeited its quality and features.
Small toaster ovens require less power to run when compared to larger, feature-rich ovens. This advantage makes small toaster ovens extremely energy-efficient, and it will save you more money in the long run. Small toasters cost less, too.
Why invest in a big oven only when you’re going to use it for cooking a small meal? Not only will you be wasting power and counter space, but you’ll also find it harder to move around.
Therefore, small toaster ovens with basic functionality are the most useful things to have in your kitchen.
Tips To Buy The Best Small Toaster Oven
Smart customers always search online for information about products before buying to get the best value. You should also do the same.
Before you buy any toaster, consider the price, size, the product’s quality, and durability. Besides, you should purchase products from a trusted brand as they usually offer excellent after-sale service.
Let’s get into the details a little bit:
A good small toaster oven with essential functions costs around $130-$150. Some high-end models with extra features may cost up to $400. Pick the one that you can afford and offers the best value. To get the best bang for your buck, we recommend you buy a discounted product. But, discounted items come with some caveats, so, if you’re interested in buying products on sale, my advice will be to opt for products from reputed, well-known brands.
Breville, Cuisinart, GE, and Panasonic makes some of the most reliable kitchen appliances currently. But keep in mind, just because a toaster oven is from a reputed manufacturer doesn’t necessarily mean that it offers the best in quality and reliability.
We recommend small ovens, which are around 9 inches in height and 17 inches in width and 12 inches in depth.
Who needs a best small toaster oven?
You probably are asking who needs a mini toaster oven. If you are one of this kind below, it’s time you get one –
- You need an oven for toasting, baking, reheating and roasting
- Have limited kitchen space
- Living in a small room, dorm, or apartment
- Looking for a unique gift for a loved one or friend
- Cook 1-2 portion at a time
Wrapping up with the best mini toaster oven
If you’re looking for the best mini toaster oven, then you can’t go wrong with the choices above. All of these small toaster ovens are high quality kitchen appliances that will serve you well for years to come. We hope that this article has helped you find the best toaster oven for your kitchen.