All about the All Clad Waffle Maker
We all love waffles, but a good waffle is only as good as the waffle maker or iron that makes it.
Making a perfect, delicious waffle is not possible if you use a substandard waffle maker. So, that’s why in this buying guide we will talk about one of the best names when it comes to kitchen appliances. It is the All-Clad 99011GT Stainless Steel Belgian Waffle Maker.
I bet most of you have come across products made by this famous All-American brand or at least heard about it.
Let’s see if this waffle maker from All-Clad lives up to its hype. Here we will discuss its key features, pros and cons, how it fares with the competition, and so on.
All-Clad 99011GT Stainless Steel Belgian Waffle Maker
The All Clad Waffle Maker bakes two 4.5 inches wide by 1-inch thick square-shaped Belgian waffles.
This All Clad Waffle Maker is equipped with advanced heating technology ensuring consistent browning and baking as well as the company’s proprietary steam-release system. This innovative feature stops condensation from building up inside the machine while cooking so the waffles are perfectly brown and stay crisp and fluffy on the inside.
It has a branded die cast handle and is housed in polished stainless steel.
It’s nonstick cooking surface and heating technology ensures consistent and long lasting performance and consistent baking and browning of your waffles!
The waffles will have easy-to-cut sections and deep pockets to hold more maple syrup, honey, sugar, chocolate, fresh fruits, jam and other toppings.
This All Clad waffle maker has a red indicator light that lets you know when your waffle maker has started to preheat and an audible beep/alarm that notifies when it is fully preheated and ready to cook waffles.
Another green indicator light alongside the audible beep alerts you when the waffles are done.
This All-Clad waffle maker also has 7 different settings of shade/browning to suit every taste.
The All-Clad Classic Round Waffle Maker has non-stick cooking surfaces on it waffle plates which ensure easy cleanup and effortless removal of the waffles. The waffle maker’s outer casing is made of polished stainless steel. The handle is made from die-cast steel and branded. Other additional options include a cord storage space underneath, a removable drip tray, and a locking lid for upright storage.
- Makes two perfect, crispy square-shaped Belgian waffles
- Waffles are 4.5 inches wide and 1-inch thick
- Waffles have deep pockets to accommodate more toppings
- Sturdy, sophisticated design
- Stainless Steel outer casing
- Audible alerts/beepers
- Indicator light
- 7 browning/shading levels
- Easy to operate
- Easy to clean
- The waffle plates are non-stick
- Proprietary steam-release system
- Lid locks for upright storage
- The overflow tray prevents the extra batter leakage
- The cord can be stored underneath
- No-skid feet
- 2-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Heavy and bulky
- Some customers stated the browning is not evenly spread across the waffle
- The overflow tray is inadequate and overflows with batter quickly
- Made in China, not a bad thing, but customers complained given its premium price it should be made in the USA.
The All-Clad 99011GT Stainless Steel Round Waffle Iron has an incredible customer feedback on Amazon. This waffle maker has 4.6/5 stars based on over 200 reviews.
How do I clean my All Clad Waffle Maker?
First, never immerse the appliance or it’s cord in water or any kind of liquid!
Also, before you get started, ensure that it’s completely unplugged and cooled down before starting to clean it. Whatever you don’t, don’t pour cold water on it while it’s still hot or warm.
Once the appliance is cold, brush with a non metal brush to remove any baked on crumbs and food particles.
Then rinse the plates with a sponge or damp microfiber cloth.
Do not use oven cleaners or products containing chlorine or bleach and do not use steel wool or steel scouring pads!
To clean the stainless steel exterior, polish with stainless steel approved cleaners. Follow the instructions of the polish.
Don’t clean with aerosol sprays or the like.
And never use harsh detergents or steel wool on the exterior!
All Clad Round Waffle Maker Owner’s manual
If you’re looking for the owner’s manual and can’t seem to find it, click here to download!
All Clad Waffle Maker FAQs
Question: Where was this waffle make made in?
Answer: It’s made in China.
Question: Are the waffles crispy on the outside? Are they tender on the inside?
Answer: Yes, the waffles are crispy outside and soft inside.
Question: What is the cook time per waffle?
Answer: Each waffle takes 2-3 minutes to cook perfectly.
Question: Is the surface of the waffle maker non-stick? Is the casing cast iron or steel?
Answer: It is nonstick on the inside. And the casing and handle of this All-Clad waffle maker are made of polished stainless steel.
Question: How many waffles does it make?
Answer: It makes two square Belgian waffles at a time.
Question: How much does this unit weigh?
Answer: Almost 6 pounds.
Question: How thick are the waffles made by this unit?
Answer: Around 1 inch.
Question: Can you remove the nonstick waffle surfaces to clean?
Answer: No, unfortunately, it is not possible to do it.
If you’re looking for a waffle maker with removable plates, check these out!
Question: Can anyone tell how high the temperature of this Belgian waffle maker can go?
Answer: There is no way to tell this. However, properly preheated and then used, any of the settings will be enough to turn your waffle batter into delicious cooked waffles.
Still, you should always be careful to not leave anything around an appliance that heats up.
Question: How many watts this unit consumes?
Answer: 1800 watts.
Question: Does the handle and exterior of the waffle stay cool during operation?
Answer: Yes, this waffle iron is well insulated. The casing and handle remain cool to the touch during cooking while the technology ensures consistent baking for your cooked waffles.
Question: What’s the difference between the All Clad Waffle Maker and the All Clad Waffle Iron?
Answer: There’s not difference between a waffle maker and a waffle iron, those terms are used interchangeably.
Question: Should I oil the baking surfaces before pouring the batter?
Answer: It’s good to apply some oil on the waffle surfaces before you pour in the batter. However, you can make perfect waffles if they have enough fat in them. Even if you decide to not oil them, though, you can still stop them from sticking using these tips!
How to use your All Clad Waffle Maker
First, never ever immerse the appliance, cord, or plug in water or liquid of any kind!
Do not pour water or liquid over it or run it under the faucet.
Before using for the first time – remove all packaging, stickers, and accessories both inside and outside of the waffle maker.
Always use the appliance on a flat, dry, heat resistant surface like a kitchen countertop or even your stovetop.
Make sure that your hands are dry before plugging it in and using it.
- Check that the thermostat is in the off position, then plug in the cord
- Unlock the appliance by using the two safety catches on each side
- Always unlock the appliance before turning it on
- The red light will light up and will remain lit to show that the unit is plugged in
- Always open the unit using the handle, especially when it’s hot
- The handle will remain cool during cooking, do not touch the metal body when the appliance is hot
- Pre-heat the waffle maker 5 to 7 minutes by turning the browness selector to the desired setting, the green indicator light will light up accompanied by a beep (that’s how you know you’re ready!)
- Each time the the appliance is used, wait until the green light comes on before pouring the batter onto the grids
- Close the unit during cooking
- DO NOT lock the safety catches on the sides of the appliance when cooking!
- When the waffles are ready, use a nonstick safe kitchen utensil to remove them
- Use the locks to store the waffle maker in a vertical position or when moving the appliance
All-Clad 99011GT Stainless Steel Belgian Waffle Maker costs a pretty penny. As the price suggests, you can tell this isn’t exactly affordable. You can find similar waffle irons for less money. Take waffle makers from Cuisinart for example. The Cuisinart WAF-F20 Double Belgian Waffle Maker and the Cuisinart WAF-V100 Vertical Waffle Maker will set you back less money.
However, All-Clad quality can’t be beat and it’s customers are extremely happy with their purchase!
The All-Clad 99011GT Stainless Steel Belgian Waffle Maker is a great, high-performance machine and one of the best built waffle makers on the market today.
Alongside it attractive classic design, polished stainless steel exterior and well-though features and options, there is a lot to love about this product.
We agree there this is expensive, but you should accept the fact that there is no perfect waffle maker. If you’re a die hard waffle lover or simply enthusiastic about waffles, but don’t mind paying a premium, we can assure you the All-Clad 99011GT Stainless Steel Belgian Waffle Maker won’t disappoint you.
- Features 7 adjustable levels of toasting shade, so your waffle’s as crispy as you like it
- Automatically alerts you when you need to pour batter or when your waffle is done
- Coated with a PFOA-free nonstick material that helps waffles slide right off
- Makes 2 square-shaped waffles at a time
- Unique and Sophisticated Design. Easy to cut sections and extra deep pockets to enjoy your waffles with any type of...