Best Waffle Maker with Removable Plates
What is the Best Waffle Maker with Removable Plates?
In a hurry? We reviewed 5 waffle makers and chose the T-fal Waffle Maker as the best waffle maker with removable plates.
Who doesn’t love to cook waffles? Many families do, mine included!
At our home, we try to eat healthy, and if possible, reduce the amount of time we spend cooking and cleaning in the kitchen.
Trying to eat healthy while spending less time cooking and cleaning is always a challenge. Therefore, I’m always looking for ways that we can save some time in the kitchen.
In the limited time that we have, we would rather spend it with each other enjoying a delicious meal, specifically, enjoying delicious waffles!
This means that we’re tempted to gravitate toward frozen waffles that we can just stick in the toaster, but they can be so bad for you! I like to know exactly what ingredients are in my waffle batter.
Frozen waffles may be easy to make, but they taste pretty bad. And you just can’t customize them like you can when you make waffles yourself.
In our case, the best solution for our home is a waffle maker with removable plates.
A waffle maker like that can bake a perfect waffle and is easy to clean up.
Before we look at these waffle makers individually – here’s an overview
T-Fal SW6100 EZ Clean Waffle Maker
- 2 sets of interchangeable sandwich and waffle plates
- Waffle plates make 2 square shaped Belgian style waffles at a time
- Use the sandwich plates to to make delicious pocket sandwiches any time of day
- On/ready indicator lights; cord storage; nonstick and dishwasher safe plates for easy cleaning
- Indicator lights advise if power is on and when the plates are ready for cooking
T-Fal is produced by a French company that’s over 60 years old and still is about innovation and multi-functional designs. So it’s no wonder their waffle irons follow in the same footsteps.
This multi-functional design allows you to grill and griddle at the same time using different plates!
For those of you who are looking for a 2 in 1 appliance, this T-Fal waffle maker may be for you.
You can get both a sandwich maker and a waffle maker in the same product. You can use this appliance to make your breakfast, make your lunch, or make your breakfast and lunch at the same time!
I don’t know about you, but kitchen counter space at my house is currently at a premium.
I have so many appliances that I have to think twice before buying anything else. Because of that, lately, I’ve been thinking that the more an appliance can do, the more likely I am to add it to my regular rotation.
That’s why this T-Fal waffle maker is worth it. Compromising quality of food and the battle over tight kitchen counter space is finally over in this easy to use and easy to clean waffle maker.
That’s due to the two sets of removable plates that it comes with. It’s also one of the more affordable waffle makers and has almost 1,000 reviews on Amazon.
This is a best in class waffle maker that offers easy cleaning, has indicator lights, has a drip tray, will cook your waffle batter perfectly, and is a waffle maker with removable plates.
T-Fal Features include:
- 2 sets of interchangeable waffle plates and sandwich plates
- Waffle plates make two square-shaped Belgian waffles at a time
- Sandwich plates make delicious pocket sandwiches
- Removable plates make for easy cleaning (use them and soak them!)
- Removable plates are non-stick plates and dishwasher safe
- Power and ready indicator lights to show power is on and ready to bake
- Convenient cord wrap and vertical storage for even more space-saving
- Attractive design
- 1 year limited warranty
Why the T-Fal is a favorite of ours
- Low price
- A high number of awesome reviews
- Makes two sandwiches or perfect waffles at the same time
- Simple to use
- Easy to store when not in use
- Appliance stands up vertically in storage
- Weighs just 4.5 pounds
- Removable plates mean you can just remove and drop in the sink!
There are a few cons, though.
The plates take a long time to cool down, so don’t rush to pull them off or you might burn yourself.
Although there are indicator lights, there’s no timer, so you have to keep an eye on it.
The additional removable plates need to be stored somewhere, so you need some extra space around.
This T-Fal SW6100 EZ Waffle Maker is one of the most ingenious products from the T-Fal company. T-fal’s stated mission is to “Offer ingenious products to make cooking simpler and more rewarding.” They don’t disappoint with this product.
This appliance first debuted on Amazon in 2010 and since then has racked up over 1,000 reviews averaging 4.1 out of 5 stars. I don’t know about you, but I think those are great numbers!
Not only does it come with these two interchangeable plates, but it allows you to make two sandwiches at the same time as two waffles at a time.
You feel like waffles but your significant other or spouse wants a sandwich? Not a problem with a sandwich maker and waffle maker in the same appliance.
Also, this waffle maker is easy to clean because of the nonstick coating. You can’t get much easier than just popping off the plates and putting them in the dishwasher.
With many special features and pros, this will be a great addition to your kitchen.
If you are looking for a solid product for making fluffy waffles and sandwiches with little effort and very fast, then opt for T-fal Waffle and Sandwich Maker.
You can make a variety of dishes for your breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert without any hassles using this product. This multi-functional waffle maker will surely help to meet you and your family’s food requirements.
For an in depth review, read here.
Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker
- Flipping Action Makes Thick, Fluffy Waffles Flipping Waffles During Cooking Makes Them Crispy on the Outside,...
- Nonstick Removable Plates Remove Your Waffle From the Nonstick Plates With No Sticking or Scraping; The Grids...
- Adjustable Browning Control Cook Your Waffle Lighter or Darker, Just the Way You Want It
- Stainless Steel Design Waffle IRON Wipes Down Easily and Has a Modern Look That Will Look Great on Your Countertop
- Easy-Clean Grids and Drip Tray the Grids and Drip Tray Are Removable and Dishwasher-Safe for Simple Cleanup
Hamilton Beach’s goal is to have “Good Thinking” with all of its products. It has a wide range of available kitchen products from blenders and countertop ovens, to air purifiers and irons.
They sell millions of products every year! All this from an All-American company founded way back in 1910. Hamilton Beach’s Belgian waffle maker is one of it’s best and from its features, it’s clear that it’s a creative and well thought out design.
This product comes with non-stick removable grids and plates that are dishwasher safe and simple to clip back.
This Hamilton Beach Waffle Maker is capable of making a wide variety of dishes such as French toasts, omelets, sandwiches, and even bacon!
Never overcook your waffles again with Hamilton Beach’s indicator lights and it’s nonstick waffle plates.
Its drip tray around the plates makes excess waffle batter easy to clean.
This is a best in class waffle maker with removable plates that has all the right features to make baking waffles at home simple and pain-free.
Hamilton Beach Features include:
- Removable waffle plates
- Brushed stainless steel casing
- Rotating/Flip feature
- Makes perfect waffles!
- Green indicator light
- Removable grips
- Adjustable browning control so you make your waffles as crispy or chewy as you like
- Cool touch handle that can be folded for easy storage
- Easy to remove dishwasher safe drip tray
The Hamilton Beach Belgian waffle maker looks a bit old fashioned but works like a modern-day waffle maker to produce those thick, crispy, and tasty Belgian waffles at home.
This is a great appliance to not only provide your family with a hot satisfying breakfast but also some well-received and tasty desserts.
Some of the favorite features mentioned by users include:
- Ease of cleaning
- Makes great waffles
- The adjustable heat settings
- Great price
Although we loved this waffle iron, there are a few challenges with it.
First, it doesn’t have an off/on button. If you want to turn it on then just plug it in. When you want to turn it off, just unplug it.
For some people, that can be a big deal. It’s not uncommon though in waffle irons.
For me, it’s not a big deal because although I make waffles on a regular basis, I have so many appliances that I keep them all put away (except for the coffee pot!).
Second, the power cord is shorter compared to most other waffle irons on the market. This can be a problem when the power cord is essentially the off/on button!
This can be pretty annoying, but again, it kind of depends on how your kitchen is set up.
The Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Maker is one of the best waffle makers on the market. With a weight of just 6.7 pounds and dimensions of 14.9 × 9.9 × 9.1 inches, this appliance is considered light and perfect for customers with small kitchen spaces (and it makes delicious waffles every time, also!).
The features are impressive and the overall 4.5/5 star rating from well over 1,000 customers makes it one of the best-selling products on Amazon.
The Foreman Next Grilleration Electric Non-Stick Grill With 5 Removable Plates
- 72 square inch cooking surface fits up to 5 servings and knocks out the fat with our George tough nonstick coating...
- 1000 watts power plus signature Foreman embedded heating element offers even heat across the cooking surface and...
- Removable plates feature our durable nonstick coating to extend the life of your grill and are dishwasher-safe for...
- Custom dishwasher-safe accessories include drip tray and spatula, for easy cooking, serving and cleanup
- Measures 12 by 17 by 6 inches; 2-year limited warranty
If you’re under 30, then you probably know George Foreman as the brilliant inventor who came up with the idea of the grill that melts away fat.
It revolutionized college dorm rooms and the bachelor lifestyle forever. For those over 40, you likely know George Foreman as the famous heavyweight boxer who named all of his sons after himself, George.
Like many famous athletes, he’s made more money from endorsements than he’s made from his sport.
This grill is no different. George demands excellence!
If you are looking for something that does a bit more than just make great waffles, then the features of the Foreman Next Grilleration may be for you.
Next Grilleration Features include:
- 5 removable and interchangeable waffle iron plates including plates for waffle making, panini’s, grilling, and baking
- Removable plates are dishwasher safe
- The plates have a triple coated scratch resistant non-stick coating
- Adjustable temperature control
- Various browning control levels
- Digital control panel
- Advanced grill plates
- Nonstick surface
- Digital time and temperature setting
This is a good looking grill with the ability to replace many of the appliances in your cooking. This is the ultimate multi-functional machine! Waffles, paninis, pancakes, eggs, bacon, no problem!
Yes, you can make burgers and cook bacon on the griddle, and then put in the waffle plates and watch it make waffles with ease.
This George Foreman grill also boasts close to 1,000 reviews online! Ensuring that this will stay a popular item for a long time to come.
Krups GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker
- 4 Slices: Bake upto 4 square shaped Belgian waffles at a time; steam release system for waffles that are light and...
- Adjustable browning: Choose from 5 browning levels (from light to dark) to accommodate individual preferences
- Easy to clean: Removable, dishwasher safe die cast plates with a nonstick coating for effortless food release and...
- Bake to perfection: Red and green indicator lights for on, ready, and done; audible "Ready" beep no guesswork...
- Sleek stainless steel design: Stainless steel housing offers modern style; cord wrap and handle lock for...
The KRUPS GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker can cook up to four Belgian waffles at the same time. This waffle iron comes with five adjustable browning levels, which will help you to prepare waffles for every individual taste.
The appliance has green and red indicating lights as well as an alarm that beeps when the waffle maker is on, heated, or ready to bake, and also when the waffles are done.
Waffles cook fast in the KRUPS GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker and will also have deeper pockets, which is great for filling it up with whipped cream, maple syrup, jam or fresh fruits.
The waffles feel fluffy on the inside but crispy outside. The construction of this waffle maker is also robust as it is made of brushed stainless steel. The waffle lids are removable die-cast plates and have non-stick coating making it super simple to clean up.
Overall, the KRUPS GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker is a joy to use to make waffles.
Krups Features include:
- Attractive design and brushed stainless steel housing
- Makes 4 slice Belgian-style waffles in a single batch
- 5 adjustable levels of browning
- Ready to cook indicator light
- Removable plates
- Baked waffles are crispy, light, and extra deep pockets
- Cord storage included
- Can be stored vertically and easily
- Simple to clean
- Nonstick coating
- Preheating and ready-to-cook indicators
- Dishwasher safe
- Adjustable thermostat
- 2 year warranty
- Available in black and silver
The KRUPS GQ502 Belgian Waffle Maker is beautifully-designed, functional, user-friendly and affordable waffle maker with almost no drawbacks. Makes waffles with ease!
Usually, electric waffle makers at this price range don’t come with many features and good designs, but, this KRUPS waffle maker is exceptional.
We highly recommend you check it out if you’re shopping for a new waffle maker.
Black+Decker G48TD 3-in-1 Waffle Maker
- Three Appliances in One - This handy cooking machine quickly goes from toasting sandwiches or frying up eggs and...
- Nonstick Reversible Cooking Plates - The removable nonstick grill plates are easy to clean and tough enough to...
- 180 Degree Hinge - The unique hinge doubles the available cooking area, giving you a large, flat griddle surface...
- Adjustable Temperature Controls
- Multiple Servings - The 8x8” cooking surface has room for four servings. You can make up to eight servings when...
This Black and Decker not only has removable plates but is also a multi-functional kitchen appliance. You may find yourself using this for all of your meals! This will allow you to bake waffles to your heart’s content, plus many other foods, too!
It’s a favorite of ours and I think it’ll be a favorite of yours, too.
Black+Decker Features include:
- 3 removable plates, waffles, grill, and griddle
- Innovative grease/drip channel
- Nonstick coating
- Easy to store
- Temperature control
Those griddle cooking plates are also called pancake plates, because yes, you can easily switch out waffles for pancakes with this kitchen appliance.
Not many cons to this impressive appliance. This Black and Decker can cook pretty much whatever you want it to cook.
Can you imagine having an appliance that allows you to bake waffles right now and then eggs, bacon, and pancakes right after? And then burgers for lunch?
Some waffle irons can do it all really well, and thanks to its three different plates.
Not only will it save you time by baking four waffles at once but you can do four or five eggs and numerous strips of bacon all at the same time.
Then, for lunch, throw some burgers on there and enjoy. Do you enjoy waffle sandwiches? Paninis are no problem for this multi-functional beast of a machine.
Making waffles has never been easier.
This waffle maker comes with non-stick coating, which means that you don’t need to worry about oiling it or spraying it before you start baking the waffle, pancakes, or whatever it is that you decide to cook. It’s temperature control and easy cleanup means that you’ll never burn your meal and always wrap up fast.
This waffle maker is also convenient to store because it’s possible to store in a vertical/upright position which means that it can easily be placed inside a pantry or a cabinet.
Are Flip waffle makers better?
This is a question that we receive all the time?
People ask us about the difference between Belgian and Regular Waffle Makers, about whether Teflon is safe, about How you clean a waffle maker, about How to make waffles with pancake mix, and this one, are flip waffle makers better?
And the answer is that it totally depends on what your needs are for your home kitchen!
A high-quality waffle iron can make great waffles no matter if it’s a flip waffle iron or not.
A low quality, cheaply made waffle iron can’t be saved by the fact that it flips or that it rotates. If it’s bad then it’s just bad.
So, if you’re looking at two equivalent, high-quality appliances, then it’s possible that the flip Belgian waffle maker will be better than the regular Belgian waffle maker, but just because of one specific reason.
When you pour your waffle batter on the hot waffle iron plates, it immediately starts to sizzle and cook.
Then, you close the lid and on a flip Belgian waffle maker, you immediately flip it back.
This flip motion spreads the waffle batter ensuring that the batter gets as evenly cooked as possible.
Therefore a flip waffle maker is more likely to result in a perfect waffle, or at least in really good waffles!
If you have a standard, non-flip waffles maker, even if it’s one of the best ones, then your waffles will begin cooking as soon as it hits the waffle heating element. Then as you close the lid, undoubtedly the bottom of the waffle batter will cook more than the top of the waffle batter.
As a matter of fact, the top of the batter will only cook once the batter heats up to the point that it rises and then hits the top.
Again, if you have a quality waffle maker, then the batter will cook evenly and you won’t really a notice a difference in the quality of your waffles.
However, a more affordable flip design waffle maker is probably equivalent to a more expensive standard waffle maker.
How do you clean a waffle maker with removable plates?
A regular style waffle iron can’t be submerged in water. Instead, you have to remove any leftover batter from the waffle creases by hand. You usually do this with a brush which can damage the non-stick coating.
Another option is to use a moist, microfiber towel or a moist paper towel to remove those pesky food particles from the waffle grids.
You’ll likely leave behind food particles that will make further cooking unsanitary!
This is especially true if you have a Belgian waffle maker. This is because Belgian waffle makers have deep pockets that make it much more difficult to clean than regular waffle makers.
Removable plates make the waffle iron or waffle maker easier to clean, allowing you to take the plates out and soak them, put them in the dishwasher, cleaning them up better, or just use your waffle maker for something other than to cook waffles.
Waffle makers with removable plates can be found, although there aren’t many on the market.
We’ve done the research and found the best waffle makers with removable plates, allowing you to choose the best one for you.
And we also will give our top recommendation for the top waffle maker with removable plates.
And the winner is…..
The best waffle maker with removable plates is the T-Fal Waffle Maker! Its versatility, reliability, ability to make perfect evenly cooked waffles, and reviews online just can’t be beaten. And the price is the best part, it’s a no brainer. Give it a shot, you won’t be disappointed!
Looking for something different for your home? If you’re not too concerned about a waffle maker with removable plates but are looking for the highest quality waffle maker possible, check out our review of the All-Clad Classic Waffle Maker!
What do you think about our choices? Comment below!